Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Button field with a surprise
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Nice finds Zach! Congratulations! You're on a good location, location, location too. Happy
Congrats Zach! Real nice collection of buttons! I don't find that many in a year of searching! Try soaking that copper in some vinegar for about an hour after you water blast it in the sink.

Ed
Nice haul Zach! I agree that it's definitely a copper with a hammered hole from a square nail. They sometimes hung them over their door to show when the house was built, sew them into clothing so they wouldn't be lost or wear then on a necklace for the same reasons. Two thumbs up on that hunt! !
Congratulations! I use Hydrogyn Peroxide on copper, I never used steal wool. Good luck
Thanks guys! I used some soap and a rough like sponge and got all the verdigris off and the dirt. Can make out a few things but have no idea what it is. Also did it to my other copper which is suppppper thin. I feel like I see a 17?? But I might just be crazy. I'll let some people check em out and see if they see anything familiar and then I'll weigh and measure it. Can't wait to get one I can id!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's