Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: !!BOOM!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
That's a find you don't see every day (thank goodness). It is fun to see things like that found ....... From a safe distance!
That is crazy cool!! Glad it didn't go BOOM!!
Haha yeah it almost made the news, but we weren't forthcoming with any information. We will be going back and recovering as many as we can. Get them all out of there in one trip (for the military) We won't be taking them home this time Happy
(03-17-2016 12:18 PM)RelicMedic Wrote: [ -> ]Went with a friend to check out an old cabin site, but it didn't pan out. Stopped in a field on the way to the truck, hoping to nab a military button. That didn't pan out either, but did find several mortar tails, then, to our surprise an intact mortar! ( Minus the business end )  I know nothing about them, but my friend does, so he has everything. I gave him the 9 tail fins that I dug, as well as fuses and shrapnel. Fun day!

[Image: 14582306973410_zpsnukmmkl9.jpg]

[Image: 14582307282740_zpsxp8grv2c.jpg]
Nice mortar,any idea of age? I'd like to know! Gl and hh!
Thanks for looking. They are stamped 1942.
Wow, I'm glad you're still around to post. OMG, I thought you said the business end was gone. Now, I think about it. There is probably two parts. Boom end and the boom thruster. I thought your friend was a expert too. Anyway glad your safe and you might want to take your Father law out to dinner, or fishing trip. I know one thing, you got a hell of a story to past on. Thanks for sharing. Oh My Gosh!!!!!
We THOUGHT the business end was gone...but the bottom end is the biggest threat. Things ya didn't know ya didn't know. No my buddy has only been at it a year and hasn't found much. I was "the friend" in the story. It's his father in law that he consulted with.
Well shit. Glad all is well. Take it easy man!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's