Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Hello from just jack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I am new to this forum.  I just wanted to introduce myself to all of you.

I have 3 metal detectors.  Garrett and White's.  I like the Garrett the best.
But, I have only played around using them.

I have not found anything that is of value.  But, I am going to Florida soon to search the beaches there.  I am so excited!

Give me some pointers on taking the detector on board a plane.
I have called TSA and the Airline I'm taking. 
TSA said take it apart and put the handle in the bag to be stored underneath plane.
The airline said they had nothing in their regulations about detectors.
So, I am taking pinpointers and main unit of the detector on board with me.
But, I plan to buy batteries there in Florida.

So, help me out on this.  Please!

Thanks
Just JackHappy
Welcome to the forum Jack. Hope you enjoy your visit to Florida. I'm a native Floridian. We have miles and miles of beaches. It is like anything else, sometimes it a super day and other times its a bust. Depending on your detector, you might have to stay in the dry sand. Wet sand and water causes most machines to freak out unless it is a dual / high frequency machine. I only have experience with the fisher cz20 and Sovereign/ (almost Excalibur) machines. I found one of my nicest silver ring right above high tide line. (Where the water stops at the highest level on the beach) in the soft sand that is not really wet nor dry. There is a lot of competition on the beaches. If your hunting parks inland you might get lucky and find a silver. If you do, give yourself a heck yea and a pat on the back! Our beaches holds the precious yellow but the sea gods wants it too and will cover it with yard of sand. Good luck, and wishing you the best trip ever!!!!

Update: Sorry no help on the plane detector question. But sounds like you have got the answers from the airlines. GL!
Welcome to treasure classifieds forum Jack. Sorry i am no help with the plane question, i have never been on one. And wish you great luck beach hunting Florida. HH look forward to seeing what ya getYes
Welcome to the forum from south jersey! I also don't have any advice for bringing your detector on the plane Sad. But best or luck when you go! Go and hh
Zach
Hello Just Jack, I just got back from a detecting trip to England and I did fly, with a detector in checked luggage and one in carry on. The one in checked luggage take battery out and wrap detector really good with your close to protect detector. The one in carry on take battery out but have available incase you need to install to show them how it works. I have never had to this but its what they want. Do be surprised to get pulled aside at security. make sure all lithium batteries are in carryon, alkaline do not matter where you put them.
Hope this helps and good luck detecting, Steve
Welcome Jack from Houston tx.
Welcome from Canada! !!
Welcome to the forum from NE Ohio!! Hope you have fun down in FLA! I never have detected beaches so you'll have to rely on a few fellas here that do!

Ed/ODF
Welcome, Jack, hope you enjoy the community Happy

Joe
Hello Jack and welcome. My old hunting buddy had several cats and the same machines that you have - too funny
Reference URL's