Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: My Hunt with Scotty D.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hunted this past weekend with Scott Demont, and I really don’t think a treasure hunter could ask for more. It was everything…perfect location, perfect company, perfect weather…one of those rare detecting days of heaven. And all the credit goes to Scott, as it’s not only a farm he secured, but he was gracious enough to invite me up there to share it with. THANK YOU, BUDDY!!!

I also got to meet Scott’s buddy, Dennis, who’s also a member here: SGT Pepper, and he also got his first half cent, like me. Helluva great guy, and a funny storyteller. It truly was a day of firsts all the way around, with Scotty landing a big one Wink

My finds were: (pics below) 1853 Braided Hair Large Cent, 1832 Half Cent (worn, but I’ll take it!), crotal bell, indian head penny, some sort of buckle?, and a million other doodads and trash, which I’ll post in the coming days.

The first coin I dug of the day was the LC, and I wanted Scott to have it, to show my thanks & appreciation for the invite. He fought me tooth & nail about it, but being I’m from NJ, I made him an offer he couldn’t refuse…he HAD to keep the LC, and I told him not to feel bad as I’d keep the second coin if & when dug, which it turned out to be the half cent, my first ever, so it worked out for both of us.

Let’s face it, most of the time as detectorists we’re out there in the heat, cold, wind, rain, digging through heaps of trash, all alone in a big patch of grass or a beach somewhere, hoping for a small goodie or two. Well, we not only all got goodies, but we were lucky enough to do it together, and we had a bunch of laughs in the process.

Truly one of those days when the finds were basically secondary, to the friends made Yes

Appreciate it, Scott Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeQzuQVtQd8

Joe
I've been waiting for this foreverrrr! Sweet finds man and congrats on everything. Glad ya had a good time! I'll check the vid out tomorrow. Thanks for sharing!
Joe myfriend well worth the wait. The footage is awesome, your post is dead on correct about the day. Your ending had me on the floor laughing my ass off. You and sir buttons plan a trip and i will keep some fresh earth again for your return. Your the best Joe and you enjoying the day was all i needed , the finds were a bonus.  ACES PURE ACESYes
(03-29-2016 11:00 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Hunted this past weekend with Scott Demont, and I really don’t think a treasure hunter could ask for more. It was everything…perfect location, perfect company, perfect weather…one of those rare detecting days of heaven. And all the credit goes to Scott, as it’s not only a farm he secured, but he was gracious enough to invite me up there to share it with. THANK YOU, BUDDY!!!

I also got to meet Scott’s buddy, Dennis, who’s also a member here: SGT Pepper, and he also got his first half cent, like me. Helluva great guy, and a funny storyteller. It truly was a day of firsts all the way around, with Scotty landing a big one Wink

My finds were: (pics below) 1853 Braided Hair Large Cent, 1832 Half Cent (worn, but I’ll take it!), crotal bell, indian head penny, some sort of buckle?, and a million other doodads and trash, which I’ll post in the coming days.

The first coin I dug of the day was the LC, and I wanted Scott to have it, to show my thanks & appreciation for the invite. He fought me tooth & nail about it, but being I’m from NJ, I made him an offer he couldn’t refuse…he HAD to keep the LC, and I told him not to feel bad as I’d keep the second coin if & when dug, which it turned out to be the half cent, my first ever, so it worked out for both of us.

Let’s face it, most of the time as detectorists we’re out there in the heat, cold, wind, rain, digging through heaps of trash, all alone in a big patch of grass or a beach somewhere, hoping for a small goodie or two. Well, we not only all got goodies, but we were lucky enough to do it together, and we had a bunch of laughs in the process.

Truly one of those days when the finds were basically secondary, to the friends made Yes

Appreciate it, Scott Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeQzuQVtQd8

Joe

Nice um... Everything,I like that crotal bell,looks really old! Gl and hh!
Joe i hope you have checked the date on the half cent.  All that have been found are 1800_1808 if the bust is facing right we are wrong with the date. Check close with a loop. Should have looked harder before i commented. I blew it up and see it. (DUH )
That's gotta be one of the greatest hunts I've ever seen on video!! Congrats to all! YesBeer

Ed
I missed this when it was posted , I had been anxiously waiting for it .
It was well worth the wait , great hunt guys!
Pat
(03-31-2016 10:32 PM)scott demont Wrote: [ -> ]Joe i hope you have checked the date on the half cent.  All that have been found are 1800_1808 if the bust is facing right we are wrong with the date. Check close with a loop. Should have looked harder before i commented. I blew it up and see it. (DUH )

Believe me, quite happy with ANY half cent, regardless of condition or age, as it's my first Yes That alone was worth the trip up there Happy

(04-01-2016 05:28 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]That's gotta be one of the greatest hunts I've ever seen on video!! Congrats to all! YesBeer

Ed

Finding a real alone is amazing, but getting it on video along with the excitement & energy that it produces is priceless Yes

It is a STUNNING find, and I'm glad I was there to be able to go along for the fun ride while it was pulled Happy

Joe
Reference URL's