Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 5" and then 5x8 in the iron
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, spent 2 hours today back at my best producing field. Used my 5" for about a hour and the 5x8 for a hour.
Got the Indian with the 5" and the button with the 5x8.
I gotta say, I wasn't a fan of using the 5". Nor am I of going low and slow in the iron. I definitely much more enjoy wide open fields, wandering around at a nice pace. Focusing and going slow really isn't my thing but if its what I gotta do then so be it. I'm not sure what the other 3 things are but yeah! Enjoy!
Congratulations! It is a terrific coin
Sweet deal kind sir. Great grab on the IH
Low and slow is painful, but it works. Just keep doing whatever it is that you're doing! Nice IHP and button. Still some gold gilt left on it!
Nice sniping Zach. I love to find IHs. Good luck on your hunt.
Great finds Zach! I know low and slow is a PIA, but if you keep at it the light bulb will illuminate you. I see guys out there swinging like they're in a sand trap and I often wonder if they really find anything. Low and slow takes some serious discipline. It ain't easy but the finds will keep you amazed! Congrats and you are doing an OUTSTANDING job for a newbie!!

Ed
(03-30-2016 08:04 PM)Zachbl92 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, spent 2 hours today back at my best producing field. Used my 5" for about a hour and the 5x8 for a hour.
Got the Indian with the 5" and the button with the 5x8.
I gotta say, I wasn't a fan of using the 5". Nor am I of going low and slow in the iron. I definitely much more enjoy wide open fields, wandering around at a nice pace. Focusing and going slow really isn't my thing but if its what I gotta do then so be it. I'm not sure what the other 3 things are but yeah! Enjoy!

NICE!!! That indian is in killer condition, Z. If there isn't much trash, you don't need to swing as slow as you think, but, since you were in iron, yeah, slowing down will really help to hit on, and call out, those high peeps in the trash. However...

Using the AT in conjunction with the iron audio feature on, one can swing at a pretty decent clip, as it is a FAST machine. Take a look at the following video of Bill Ladd using a Gold (which is essentially the same unit as the Pro) in thick trash/iron. Pay close attention at about the 2:50 mark, and notice how briskly he's swinging the coil. Might be a tad too quick for my taste, but you get the point. AT's can EASILY handle a more vigorous swing speed. Matter of fact, going too slow might cause more high tone falsing, IMO, as it happened to me fairly often when I was using the Gold. I think a moderately fast swing speed is best, but you should test it out and see what works best at your spots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj4T3-8PeAE

Joe
Reference URL's