Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: My first tombac...or so I think!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I got back out again today for about 2 more hours at a permission I hunted with james about a month ago. He was kind enough to share but I've not been back till today. And funny enough, it's actually part of Cassandras family dating back to the Hancock's of Salem, Nj. They were original colonist of salem and here since the 1600s. But anyway, I got to the permission to see winter wheat planted in the prime field. Spanish silver, coppers and you name it out of it. So I was dissapointed I wasn't able to hunt it. So I went to a field next to the house permission (1849) closer to the 1694 house. And I was able to snag my first tombac button. I had no idea it was old at first. Thought it was a new metal button. But boy was I wrong. Apparently its anywhere from 1750-1810!
Made my day! Scotty called it! Tomzacbutton!
Yup you nailed it! Definitely a tombac button. Great find!
Sir buttons looks like a quarter to me. :chuckle:Lol. Great find and very nice tombac Yes
Zach that's an awesome find. I've never found anything close to that old.
Congratulations!
Congrats on the tomback Zach. Geez, that kinda rhymes! I still don't know the difference myself. You are in a spot that has good potential. Keep at it!

Ed
Congrats on the virgin tombac, Z!!! Beer

Joe
Reference URL's