Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: CTX VS Stage-Coach Stop = SCORE!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thanks for that Wayne! I've read a couple of Jackson's biographies but you just filled the gap on info not widely known! Great find! And thanks! Yes Yes Yes

Ed
That's an awesome piece Wayne. Thanks for that history lesson too.
Thanks again everyone for all the replies

these type of finds from this period/era of time are high on my desirability list and I seek to find them above most other items/time periods as I am extremely drawn to this specific period of time in our history.

I don't know what it is or how to describe it but the period of the 1820s - 1870s (and more specifically the 1830s) is my most studied and appreciated period of interest.

I've studied this 50/60 yr span of history more than any other and am constantly/consistently and continually doing such Happy

I've even been to President Andrew Jackson home/estate/museum in Nashville TN for a day long tour (and it takes that long) where his life, artifacts from his estate, and history of his presidency is on display. It's a HUGE estate that once was 1000 acres but has a complete museum on site, original slave cabins, an original cotton field, out buildings of the period, and even his family graveyard/garden with monument in the center.

It's an awesome tour, a beautiful home and a deep history lesson into our past and one that I recommend to any/all who ever get to Nashville for a stay.

Here's a pic of his home Yes

[Image: Hermitage-exterior2_zpsos6auoqw.jpg]
That bins one very cool find, congratulations
Congratulations MRH! Awesome token, thanks for sharing the 200 yrs of history involved.GL HH.
See you went HOG wild on your hunt! Lol. Man, that's gotta be one of the coolest tokens I've ever seen, and the condition makes it all the more sweeter, too Beer Thanks for the backstory, as I would've had no idea of the historical importance without a Google pit stop Yes

P.S. - Imagine being able to hunt the Jackson estate?!?!?!

Joe
MRH that sir , is history in your hands.

This is just my opinion , but because of what and who it represents , I want to nominate it for the banner. To me it represents the working man and what those good folk had to go through to build this country. I'm aware the banner is for special finds. I still view America and what it stands for as special.

Great find MRH.
WOW-- Sweet token!! Great score!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's