Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Finally got warmed up , but still shaking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Holy smokes! You realize that that is a find maybe only 1% of detectorists ever make? Forget about a great year, you pretty much found the crown jewel of the treasure hunting world, and IMO, it's the catch of a lifetime!

Banner all the way Beer

Joe
Congrats on the banner addition Digsit. You earned a special place on this forum.
WOW WOW WOW !! Congrats!
(04-02-2016 08:44 PM)Digsit Wrote: [ -> ]I braved the sub freezing temps and beat the snow storm that was coming in and hit the old tavern/auction house site I have been detecting.
    Even bundled up an hour and a half was all this old body could stand.
  It started out with about 5 pounds of junk with one wheaty , a 1919 .
   Then I got a merc with a hole worn into the middle ( a 1936). 
   Just about the time I was about to call it a day I got a nice high tone and at about 6 inches out popped what I thought would be the find of the day , an 1887 seated dime. I was cold , the dark clouds were coming in fast and the wind was picking up , but I rescanned my hole and am I glad I did , it was a vdi of 50 , not normally anything other than junk but also in the gold range. 
   Just at the edge of the hole about the same depth as the dime was a glint of gold , my first non jewelry gold coin an 1849 gold dollar. She has scratches , but she is (apologies to my wife) the prettiest lady I have ever seen, 
   Even if for some reason I cannot detect the rest of the season I will mark 2016 a great year!
HH
Pat
Wow wow wow wow wow wow WOW! That's one amazing coin! Put that on the banner!!!!!!
Yes wowowowowow
Sorry I miissed this post banner for sure on the gold
can you get a good picture -Great congrats!!!!!
(04-09-2016 09:35 AM)Steveo Wrote: [ -> ]Yes wowowowowow
Sorry I miissed this post banner for sure on the gold
can you get a good picture -Great congrats!!!!!

Can't find the camera since the holidays. This iPad just doesn't get a good clear closeup , but here's my latest try.
[attachment=8087][attachment=8087]
[attachment=8088]
Post all the pics you want to. Never get tired of seeing a discovery like that. I agree with all the others---find of a lifetime.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's