Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Cellar hole- "cross century contamination"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Didnt get a whole lot today, but it was a nice couple hours in the woods. Dug a bunch of horse related relics (tack, leather, brush, buckles) Only managed two keepers, and they're 200 years apart. The dandy button had my heart pumping! All I saw was something big and round and gold, but then noticed it had a shank. Lots of gold gilt left on the back, but not much left on the front. There doesn't seem to be a design, but that's ok. It's 1700s, right?! About 10 feet away, I got a beautiful penny signal and I thought for sure I had a big copper. I was really surprised to see a silver edge in the hole! Of course, the mind is racing wondering what it could be since I just dug the dandy button at the same depth. 1938 canadian dime...I was disappointed and happy at the same time lmfao. I dug a few other things, pocket knife, a weird cap off of something and other junk. On to the next cellar hole Yes

[Image: 14606681356170_zpsqcx0mlhi.jpg]

[Image: 14606681508200_zpsv72yuuik.jpg]

[Image: 14606699820240_zps2nmqtts8.jpg]
Some nice keepers regardless of the age difference!! Congrats!

But I can relate to when you are in an old area and a modern silver pops up. You hate to be disappointed but like you said -- Happy at that same time!!
Thanks Ron. Any idea what the thing is in the bottom picture? It looks like a reed but it's not, and had that chain on it
Beautiful dandy button, RM! As you said, it's 1700's, fuggedabout the freakin design! Chuckle

Joe
It looks like a fun hunt ! Congrats on the 1700s button.
In my area early 1800s is about the best you find , maybe I'm a little green with envy.
GL & hh
Pat
Nice wide variety of targets. Great button and congrats on the silver
That dandy is sweet! And the unknown is very interesting!
Congratulations on both of those cool finds!
Reference URL's