Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Unknown copper? And a button.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, got out for a hour at the button field with the nel big coil (15x17) that James lent me. I'll be doing a review for it soon. Got the one lonely button. "Gold plate /button makers name)

Went fishing right down the road and decided to detect again on the same piece of property. Which I call the corn field. Detected for about 30 minutes and got the copper. Not sure what it is. Its facing left, looks to have a bonnet and I can make out a U and a S at the top right. There are other letters down the right side of the coin. No idea on the reverse. Its raised and kinda looker like a 4 leaf clover to me but i have no idea. Any help would be great!

Gl and hh all!
Ah the mystery disk of nothingness. Still fun to see in the hole tho! Cool button!
Zach nice finds i knew the button field was gonna start giving you coins. Can you shine a flashlight across the coin and snap a picture not so close? I think you have a half cent i am hoping i can see it better
I was looking at it wrong. The reverse as the front...it is a half cent. Drapped bust for sure. 1800 I believe. Thanks scott
Congrats on the old half cent!! Yes Nice button too Zach! You got a lot of potential out in those fields!

Ed
Nice Yes

BeerBeer
The button man strikes again!!! Nice HC Yes

Joe
Reference URL's