Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Flint and an arrowhead!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Farm Living is the Life for Me!

Went out to a huge farm my brother and I have been keyboard plan attacking for the last 9 months which my brother has had permission to for the past 12 months. Met the owners son and had a real nice long talk. He confirmed the borders of the property with us and we went detecting and arrowhead hunting. Detecting was a bust, shotgun headstamps, bullets, rifled slugs, shell casings and the forever present forgotten barbed wire along the field borders. We didn't get to the old homestead sites that we wanted to of which there are at least 14 on the property and which the owners son confirmed 3 of them that he knows about. And this guy is real great people! We went out and detected, with not much luck so we opted to go after arrowheads, scrapers and the like on a freshly plowed area.

After collecting about a one gallon pail full of flint shards and some large pieces, my brother hit 2 defined artifacts about five minutes apart.

Enjoy! This is another aspect of detecting that I keep my eyes open for!

And wear your orange loud and clear!! It's turkey season here in Ohio and you don't wanna end up being the Turkey!! (And it sounded like a distant war zone all around us!)

Congrats Greg!!

Ed
Nice, I've never found a point, Ed Yes

Joe
(04-23-2016 10:54 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Farm Living is the Life for Me!

Went out to a huge farm my brother and I have been keyboard plan attacking for the last 9 months which my brother has had permission to for the past 12 months. Met the owners son and had a real nice long talk. He confirmed the borders of the property with us and we went detecting and arrowhead hunting. Detecting was a bust, shotgun headstamps, bullets, rifled slugs, shell casings and the forever present forgotten barbed wire along the field borders.  We didn't get to the old homestead sites that we wanted to of which there are at least 14 on the property and which the owners son confirmed 3 of them that he knows about. And this guy is real great people! We went out and detected, with not much luck so we opted to go after arrowheads, scrapers and the like on a freshly plowed area.

After collecting about a one gallon pail  full of flint shards and some large pieces, my brother hit 2 defined artifacts about five minutes apart.

Enjoy! This is another aspect of detecting that I keep my eyes open for!

And wear your orange loud and clear!! It's turkey season here in Ohio and you don't wanna end up being the Turkey!! (And it sounded like a distant war zone all around us!)

Congrats Greg!!

Ed
Nice arrowhead, well done! Gl and hh!
Awesome Ed. Sounds like you have plenty to do at that permission Yes
Sweet man! That's awesome. Best of luck out there!
Ed, cool stuff, congratulations
Reference URL's