Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: FIRST COPPER TRIME
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey gang yup i'm still around. Chuckle Been trying to post pictures of the last club meeting but kept on getting that search page on here so i gave up and took a break. Meeting was GREAT!! TODAY i went and did some door knocking and pretty much landed a 125 acre 1782 farm i will recieve a call from mr. Henshaw in a couple days after he talks to the family to let them know I  will de detecting there. Yes  Came home walked the pup and said well lets try next door. Went to dig the 50s signals and landed a 1867 copper trime my first and now have one of each in my collection silver & copper. 
  HAPPY HUNTING GANG Beer[attachment=8325][attachment=8326][attachment=8327]
Damn that's a beauty! Congrats on having both variety's in your collection! Best of luck with the new propertyYes
What a great new permission! 
   I did not know that they made copper trimes , I guess you learn something new every day.
   Great find!
Pat
Congratulations on your first Trime and the new permission! Hope you continue to find a bunch of nice stuff. Good Luck and thanks for sharing.
Whoa Scott!!!! Great find!! Yes Beer Add me to the list of unknowing too. Good shape as well! When you clean it up a touch repost it, would you?

Ed
(05-11-2016 08:38 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Whoa Scott!!!! Great find!! Yes Beer Add me to the list of unknowing too. Good shape as well! When you clean it up a touch repost it, would you?

Ed

Ed this one i am not touching it. The face i think would disappear, looks now like it wants to flake off. When i first found it kinda thought was a toy. Then i looked in the red book and seen that a copper,nickel was made after the silver trime
(05-11-2016 06:32 PM)Digsit Wrote: [ -> ]What a great new permission! 
   I did not know that they made copper trimes , I guess you learn something new every day.
   Great find!
Pat

They also call them three cent nickels. 75 percent copper and 25 percent nickel. Nice find. It's on my bucket list.
Gerry
(05-12-2016 11:19 PM)Gerry F Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-11-2016 06:32 PM)Digsit Wrote: [ -> ]What a great new permission! 
   Great find!
Pat

They also call them three cent nickels. 75 percent copper and 25 percent nickel. Nice find. It's on my bucket list.
 Gerry
   I guess I had not heard them being called a copper trime.  Thanks for the education , I need a lot more of that Happy.
Pat
Reference URL's