Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Anybody still using analog?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've recently gotten back into metal detecting after over a decade off and I picked up a near mint White's 5900 DI pro SL cb at a decent price. Any one around here using an old analog full time? Any "part-time" analog users?
I am enjoying the machine but I haven't really explored any of the newer stuff on the market. Am I really missing out on major advancements or ease of use?
SWJ, I have an old analog Garett but I can't get it working. I would love to use it again.
I know folks who use that same machine that you have and two of them purchased backups because they are so accustomed to them and of course they do find stuff.

I like Minbelab and it is a multiple frequency detector. It transmits a bunch of them to interpret the target field. Also the Etrac and CTX have chips in the coil to enhance target response.
Other folks can tell you about other machines and their advances over the last ten years.
I got a 6000 di pro. Put a s handle on it, and added a rechargeable pack. Nice machine, it gets good depth and meter is accurate. However, I now have lots of machines. Good luck with your machine.(s)
[attachment=8362]
I have 2 old Whites Coinmaster(blue) analog machines. 6000Di S2 and 5900Di Pro. I've only used the 5900 once, so not much to say about it. With the 6000 I have dug more deep coins and coin sized objects than any other detector I have used. I need to use these more. If I were you I would set aside some money to try a newer machine, but no hurry. You have a great one. The ID on those is amazing. You use either geb norm or geb max and check the needle. Great machines. If you want to hunt in heavy trash get a new fast machine.
Reference URL's