Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: I HAVEN'T A CLUE!! DO YOU
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This was found today about 8 inches down at the new farm. I have no ideas do you??
[attachment=8385]
Imma go with "thingamajig".

It does pique the curiosity.
A decorative S hook, but what it's use was, I'm not sure. Reminds me of the s hooks that would come with hanging lights.
(05-20-2016 08:02 AM)sjw0323 Wrote: [ -> ]A decorative S hook, but what it's use was, I'm not sure. Reminds me of the s hooks that would come with hanging lights.

That's what I was thinking. Was thinking maybe for a lantern or a plant..to hang? Seems to small for a coat? Not sure...still a cool relic YesYes
Something off a horse saddle?
Damn! I have seen them before ... just don't remember where and what they were used for ...

my gut tells me a decorative handle but .. just don't remember.Sad
Snake S buckles have been used for hundreds of years. They turn up at civil war sites more than anywhere I think. They were used for knapsacks, belts and more.

□~□ That's the general idea lol. Great find!
(05-23-2016 08:49 AM)RelicMedic Wrote: [ -> ]Snake S buckles have been used for hundreds of years. They turn up at civil war sites more than anywhere I think. They were used for knapsacks, belts and more.

□~□  That's the general idea lol. Great find!

Thanks medic my thought was to hold up a ladies stocking. Nun the less know i know. YesYes
Looks like an ornament for maybe a saddle or horse item of some kind. It could even be a ornament for a chest of drawers, more like a decoration to me.
Here's another thought, a cloak clasp?
Reference URL's