Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: More colonial coins and relics!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Very nice tour of the site. Loved the view at the end, looks like the kind of place you could hunt, rest, picnic and then hunt some more. Will you get to detect the spread material once the owner moves it? At about 9:50 on the video it looked like a coin or button was lying on the surface! Thanks for this and all your other Canada vids, enjoyed them all.
Relicmedic, sorry it's coming to a end. But you have some great memories and relics to show going forward. Hopefully, you find a spot that will be equally as good or better. Thanks for sharing. Gl HH!
Thanks for watching guys. I belive that is a piece of pottery. The owner is on vacation until Monday, then he will be grading it off and moving the pile. I work all week, so it may be 2 weeks before I can get back there. The anticipation is killing me!!
Could have been a clothesline area. Buttons and coins are prime to that. My wife once washed my wallet!!!!

But a cellar hole may have been used for hanging clothes during the Winter too. It's proximity to the river is a good clue. Wash the stuff at the river, bring it back and hang it to dry.

The iron relics are probably from the cellar hole. As that was a good place to store all the Spring, Summer and Fall garden work tools if a shed wasn't available.

Anyway, very nice site and I really wish you luck when the owner returns and starts moving that dirt. (I'd move it for him with a shovel! LOL! )

Such a shame that so many places like this are worked over before any good detectorist can really get to them. That is a fabulous permission!! Yes I can understand your anxiety!!!

Nice hunt Relic!

Ed
Awesome finds Relic. Your display cabinet must be glorious.
(06-10-2016 04:01 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Could have been a clothesline area. Buttons and coins are prime to that. My wife once washed my wallet!!!!

But a cellar hole may have been used for hanging clothes during the Winter too. It's proximity to the river is a good clue. Wash the stuff at the river, bring it back and hang it to dry.

The iron relics are probably from the cellar hole. As that was a good place to store all the Spring, Summer and Fall garden work tools if a shed wasn't available.

Anyway, very nice site and I really wish you luck when the owner returns and starts moving that dirt. (I'd move it for him with a shovel! LOL! )

Such a shame that so many places like this are worked over before any good detectorist can really get to them. That is a fabulous permission!! Yes I can understand your anxiety!!!

Nice hunt Relic!

Ed

You have some excellent insight! I had never thought about them storing the tools in the cellar. Makes alot of sense! To be honest, I'd move the whole damn pile with a spoon if I had the time and good graces lol. It's a sin that so many of these sites get plowed and built over. There may be another one close by, but I'm not certain. I'll have to get permission to walk on their land next spring.

(06-10-2016 09:09 PM)Kajunman Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome finds Relic. Your display cabinet must be glorious.

It's slowly getting there lol. Thanks man!
Reference URL's