Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: SPILL!: #28>30, 5 Wheats! 03 IH, Misc!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I'm fairly certain no one has thoroughly detected this area. If ever. Same general woods I found the 36 Washington and 2 wheats in yesterday!

First thing I find is a shot up IH, 1903! Then a 2 ring pistol bullet, I think????

Then a distance away I find a file!! Then two feet from there I get a quarter signal loud and strong 1 foot from a 20 year old tree and 3 feet from a 7 foot wide root ball sink! Boom, 41 Washington! Then a wheat cent, then a screwy 3-28, 4-28, an old Canadian dime!! Then a real screwy 13-08, 13-10, real good tone, boom, a 45 War Nickel. And the hits just kept on a coming!! 4 more wheats in the same 1 foot square area as the silvers! No wonder the numbers were so screwy!!!

Then a sledge head about 7 feet away. Also found around 10 or 12 shotgun headstamps and of all things a stirrup with the leather and buckle still attached.

But the splitter I found yesterday now makes more sense with a sledge and a file found today. Whoever it was in there was logging and splitting firewood either for camp use or for sale.

Anyway it was a GREAT day in the woods. And for sure I'm going back! Tongue

Have fun out there guys and gals and HAPPY HUNTING!

Ed/Ohio Dirt Fisher
Awesome Ed! Tons of great finds. That IH is my favorite for sure, really neat! Best of luck when you get back out there YesYes
Killin it Ed Yes

Love that stirrup!

BeerBeer
Cool finds Ed and great pictures. Congratulations on the silver hoard
It looks like you have found yet another excellent site. I look forward to more of your great posts!
Pat
Ps I love the stirrup , it's one of those goofy things on my bucket list.
Nice going Ed! Nice finds and a lot of them too. Wow, that is a good spot. Hope you continue popping them out of the ground. Good Luck!
Wow Ed amazing finds. The coins are great but I think the stirrup takes the cake on this oneYes
Thanks everyone! Yes BeerBeerBeer I threw in the towel today after an hour. TOO HOT, even with a wet towel hanging over my neck!! Came home and showered and took a nap!!!Chuckle

Ed
Woooohooo what a spill!!! Congrats Ed!
Reference URL's