Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: It's Not All Peaches and Cream
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Driving thru the neighborhood this eve and noticed they tore up the old 1940s baseball diamond so I ran home and grabbed the CTX to give it a go for 1.5 hrs (tu)

Found:
1 Ten cent play money (1950s/60s)
1 clad dime
1 crusty zilcoln
1 copper Lincoln
5 Wheats (teens - 1940s)
a marble
some tiny bits of round stuff lol
a 1920s/30s overalls snap
and a brass buckle

tons of aluminum junk not shown

nothing much but had to try (tu)

[Image: IMG_3023_zpsdfeaxlcf.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3026_zpsczi1hjdu.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3027_zpskrd5c2ev.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3029_zpschagkalg.jpg]
That's okay though. At least you got out and were all excited about it. Lot of nice finds anyway. I see some areas that perk my interest and give them a shot for sometimes nothing at all! So you did pretty good!! Yes Beer

Ed
I can only guess that it had been hit pretty hard over the years.  Still it looks like all that grading would have uncovered at least a silver or two.  It was certainly worth a try anyway and I'm glad you were the one to give it a shot.
That would have been exciting to swing a coil over that spot. Not a bad group of finds.
   No one in my area must have played with the play money coins , I see others find them but it is one of the goofy things on my bucket list.
HH
Pat
Cool digs, you have to love construction sites.
If you go back slow down, there is plenty of area to cover.
You got to hunt.That in itself is worth it.
Great hunt I say.. I would have done the same thing as you. You just never know if that spot could hold greatness...
If you didn't try, and the opportunity passed, you'd be kicking your ass.
(06-22-2016 04:42 PM)RelicMedic Wrote: [ -> ]If you didn't try, and the opportunity passed, you'd be kicking your ass.

LoL Yes
Reference URL's