Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Spanning the ages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I haven't been out for a decent hunt in quite a while, but I've had a few short "on a whim" hunts. They haven't produced anything earth shattering, but it's still nice to get out every once in a while. The first items were dug, but not this year, or last year for that matter. When I picked up an Ace 250 a few years ago, I found a broken leather bracelet with a couple of charms on it. I threw it in my junk pile and forgot about it. My wife was digging through the miscellaneous junk finds before I threw them out. She stops and says "when did you find a Pandora bracelet? " I said "Never , that I know of" Well what do you know, I had a Pandora Bracelet :lmfao:

[Image: 14691203114440_zpswejbcwux.jpg]

I also pounded a beach with a friend. He found the only decent find that day. An 1813 one stiver. Lots of bullets and musketballs were found

[Image: 14691205553500_zpsgoxua62w.jpg]

I visited a new permission that I thought would hold some goodies. The house is only 100 years old, but the land saw some french/native action in the area of a trading post. It was a bust! The land had clearly been filled in. Not much for finds, a 1936 British penny and a gold plated brooch with glass stones
[Image: 14691203557472_zps6oucdqzo.jpg]
[Image: 14691203445091_zps4ianwgyk.jpg]

I hit the cartwheel/button cellar hole and nabbed 9 more buttons. This was the nicest one

[Image: 14691203678903_zpsccgeuxeg.jpg]

A button/Cartwheel hole hunt wouldn't be complete without digging a colonial copper, and what better way to end the hunt, than with yet another 1797 Cartwheel penny. I think this is #9!
[Image: 14691203864674_zpssxfnv8cw.jpg]

Also eyeballed this 1700s iron fork. It's by far the nicest one I've got from there. Thanks for looking and HH!

[Image: 14691204035925_zpsghh43dqr.jpg]
Very nice recoveries!! Congrats on the goodies!
Thanks Ron!
Congrats on the nice finds! I really like the musket ball and three ringers. Wait, I really like the 1797 cartwheel, and the button and the fork and really all of it. lol. Good job thanks for sharing.
I've been wondering when you would give us some more goodies to look at. New posted finds have been scarce on the forum lately with most hunters not going out in the heat and dry conditions, so it was nice to hear from you again. Really like the old copper, but I would have been happy to find any of your recoveries. Hope the cellar hole gives up some more treasure soon.
All of them are great finds. 
   I am a little embarrassed , I had to do an Internet search to know what a pandora bracelet was , I guess I must live a sheltered life.
Pat
Congrats on the finds. Nice to see some kind of find with this heat wave.
Thanks for the great replies guys. Sorry I haven't been around much. I work full time, have a family and now I'm into making furniture out of recycled materials (old doors, pallets etc) I'll post some pics when I get a chance
Simply wow man.. Another cartwheel congrats on that one.. For short hunts you nailed it.. Yes
Very cool digs, Relic, congratulations! Keep up the good finds!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's