Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: What I've been up to lately
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just thought I'd let you guys in in what I've been up to lately. Building furniture out of old doors, pallets and other free-reclaimed wood.

[Image: 14691541219720_zpsktykaev3.jpg]
[Image: 14691541570831_zpsh3phiyhp.jpg]
[Image: 14691541727932_zpsoc49yqz4.jpg]
[Image: 14691541884603_zpsto6t9lvc.jpg]
[Image: 14691542486104_zpsvhzd05qb.jpg]
[Image: 14691542607515_zpsqihupvud.jpg]
[Image: 14691542865556_zpsbzgcqqwo.jpg]
[Image: 14691543236367_zps03tkzhcv.jpg]
[Image: 14691543523278_zpsh2cfqfhf.jpg]
A tip of the hat from one woodworker to another. Love the use of reclaimed materials with clean and interesting design. The seated hall rack is an exquisite modern take on an old standard. Nice touch all around Medic. I can easily see a budding business opportunity. Are you going in that direction?
Thank you! I haven't really given it much thought to be honest. I put the feelers out to see if the hall bench would sell. I know they sell for $500 in the next town over. We put a $400 price tag on this one and everyone said it was too much. Keep in mind that it's Canadian dollars. The deck coolers go like hot cakes tho. Got 2 sets of tables out the door as well. I've never really built anything before. The tables were the first thing. All I own is a table saw, sliding compound mitre, Skil saw, jig saw, planer and a sander. I need to get my hands on a Kreg jig
Great start. You can do most everything with the basics. In addition to your jig, you might consider a router as a next acquisition, and you can build a table on your work-mate frame easy enough. The router's soft curves add a bit of refinement to projects.
Good luck as you move ahead. I like everything I see.
Thank you! I've been eyeballing a router and table as well, just waiting for the price to drop. Just started building another bench for my mother in law out of my sons old crib. This one is difficult, and I'm afraid i screwed it up already Sad
Awesome work relic! I can see why the deck coolers sell well , I would think 400 Canadian dollars isn't too high for the hall bench , you just need the right person to see it.
   The Kreg jig is a great thing , I don't know how I lived without mine , I will probably never make another dovetail joint in my lifetime.
   I hope the business takes off for you.
Pat
Wow, you really have a good eye for creating those, congratulations.
I can see why the deck coolers go quickly, it's a great idea.
Thanks guys!
Deck cooler! ? How bout "office"cooler so I don't have to bend over so much whilst getting a brew!! Chuckle Great work Relic! Love it all! Yes

Ed
That's a great idea Ed! I could put wheels on it, and tie a rope to it. Haul it in when you want a cold one, then push it back into the corner so the boss doesn't suspect a thing!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's