Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Weekend from Hell
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
No need to make a short story long. Fluke & I tried about 1,000 sites this weekend, but, most were duds. We had to rely on a few of our old stand-by's...again. 

I had high hopes of real old silver, however, not this time. I eked out 2 mercs and what is probably one of the best looking Indians I ever dug - a 1903 (nicked it with my lesche though Sad. My best find was a big token circa 1914 that the American Red Cross gave out to promote a bazaar to support the troops & their families. I enjoy these types of finds, as there's a story behind them. Included a link to what the coin looks like in new condition.

http://auction.tokencatalog.com/auction_..._id=121276

Joe
Yes joe it's been hell, a big part of it is the dry ground. Signals aren't the same! Once it rains it will be alright.sooo hard to dig, but we had lots of fun today anyway !theres always next weekend!!!!!
I think you have been spoiled lately. Those are cool finds.
No...it was my mother in laws birthday...keep it in perspective! Lol.
The good thing is that it can only get better!!  Happy
(09-29-2013 08:37 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]I think you have been spoiled lately.  Those are cool finds.

Joe you definitely have gotten spoiled.  you have forgotten what a bad day is really like.
Great finds Joe!!!
We got some rain here last night and we sent it your way so you can get in a good hunt this weekend. 
Take care friend!Beer
really nice finds, love the injun and mercs ...
I would be thrilled with those finds
Nice finds Joe and I agree that you may be a tad spoiled. That 23 Merc is in FABULOUS shape! With all the IH's you pull, what's "one" with a nick? That Wilson/American Red Cross token is great! Like the reference that goes along with it.

Ed
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's