Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Phone app or handheld GPS?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all, I'm looking for a app or a handheld GPS to use for saving colonial locations and what not. When I'm driving around I see a couple new ones every week so it's hard to remember them all... Dozens upon dozens upon dozens.... If anyone knows any android apps or anything else I can use where I can just push a button and it saves the location where I'm currently at...that'd be great.
Thanks,
Zach
Handheld GPS. Phone apps work if you hike and camp but reality is the GPS. MUCH more reliable!

Ed
I just got a new app yesterday and down loaded it on my phone suppose to tell you where you are and who the land owner is where you are and track and save waypoints. I don't know anything about it and I see they want a credit card so I stopped didn't use it yet and did not install a credit card the name is onX hunt look and see if you can find out anything about it
Thanks guys for the info! I've found one app that you only push a button and it saves the longitude and latitude and you can go back into it with Google maps.

But!
Buttttt! I think I found the winner.
It's Google maps itself! A apo that comes with the phone. It's a GPS but if I click and hold a area on the screen(the spot of a colonial) it gives me the option to save it. So I think that's what I will be using to keep track of the colonials and then eventually transfer them over to Google pro as a big map with all the locations being able to see them at once, all over.
Thanks again and take it easy Yes
Reference URL's