Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Fisher F22
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Welp! The Fisher F22 is a pretty cool low end detector if only the buttons would work properly! The first issue I had to send it back for was the Power button would not work had to remove the batteries to turn it off. 2nd issue then Pinpoint button in the center just decided to move over to the Mode button! Now Fisher says they are sending me a new control box! I hate getting a Lemon and the F22 has some cool options like making any Disc number sound change to what you want so Nickle can be a High tone like your dimes of course that makes your pulltabs high tones heh.

Thank you for letting me Vent Quest Pro won't be shipped till Sept 30th and atleast I will have the F22 back by the weekend. Compadre is fun but I'm addicted to the numbers and only 4 inches with Compadre Disc compared to 7 inches with same size DD coil on F22 5 inch Cors Point.

CAN YOU DIGGIT!
I totally feel you as you know my recent purchase was a dud. But there's good news!
I hope everything turns out fine with the f22. The f44 was a option for a my gf since they are so light and have great things going for it. She now has the teknetics g2+, which is great.
Enjoy the new deteknix machine when you get it! It looks super awesome
I like your persistence with Fisher. You know they don't make junk machines and if you get stuck with a lemon you shouldn't just sit still and do nothing. I think all machines have some flaws to a certain extent but when you showed me the F22 problem that weekend I knew you had a skate from the getgo and they were stalling. I look forward to seeing this new machine and the new Quest. Knowing you is like having a detecting dealer down the street!! Chuckle And I still owe you a Grant!

Ed
(09-14-2016 07:34 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]I like your persistence with Fisher. You know they don't make junk machines and if you get stuck with a lemon you shouldn't just sit still and do nothing. I think all machines have some flaws to a certain extent but when you showed me the F22 problem that weekend I knew you had a skate from the getgo and they were stalling. I look forward to seeing this new machine and the new Quest. Knowing you is like having a detecting dealer down the street!! Chuckle And I still owe you a Grant!

Ed
Hey! its my first year I"m still trying to find a Detector that will fit like a glove something that feels like an extension of my body. The closest I have come was the Ace 400 but wow is that thing point heavy. I really think the Quest Pro with 5.5x9.5 coil at a weight of around 2.6 pounds is gonna do it. I also like the straight shaft and no batteries to buy. I have watched Every video on it now I just have to wait till the end of the month. My List of Detectors = 1st BHquicksilver, 2nd Gofind 40, 3rd Delta 4000, 4th Ace 400,5th Fisher f22,6th Whites Treasure Pro,7th At Pro,8th Compadre,9th will be Quest Pro 2 ! Thats alot of cash in 1 year Happy Bountyhunter,Fisher,Minelab,Teknetics,Garret,Whites,Tesoro, And soon Deteknix. I don't count the F2 I bought my Pops. I still love the Garrett Pin Pointers ll and At
Fisher replaced the entire machine its in the mail Felix said we will see...
I have had problems with those low profile soft buttons on several items. On Air condition window units, monitors, etc. I really prefer a button that has more travel distance. Seems to hold up better. Or just give me a turn knob. I think the slick look comes with longevity issue. Happy you're getting it fixed.
If you didn't have a Dd coil on it, hopefully they'll put one of those on instead of the teardrop! Unless you prefer that. But great news. Hope it works out when you get it and best of luck and happy hunting
(09-16-2016 11:43 AM)Zachbl92 Wrote: [ -> ]If you didn't have a Dd coil on it, hopefully they'll put one of those on instead of the teardrop! Unless you prefer that. But great news. Hope it works out when you get it and best of luck and happy hunting
I have a 5 inch cors DD coil called Point for it I prefer DD coils over the Concentric The 5 inch gets close to 7 inches in the ground around here so I'm happy with that.
Fisher gave me a complete new F22 and said just keep the shaft and other coil from the first one. Woot something to keep me busy till the Quest Pro arrives! Its much easier finding rings with it just keep an eye on the 40's and if it doesn't jump more then 1 number either way dig it!

(09-15-2016 07:54 PM)updownup Wrote: [ -> ]I have had problems with those low profile soft buttons on several items. On Air condition window units, monitors, etc. I really prefer a button that has more travel distance. Seems to hold up better. Or just give me a turn knob. I think the slick look comes with longevity issue. Happy you're getting it fixed.
I bought some 1/4 inch sticky Silicone beads flat on 1 side and placed it over the PP button this time so I don't have to press the flat button makes it so much easier.
Reference URL's