Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: lesson on target ID
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was able to get to a park for about 1.5 hours Saturday. Beautiful weather and just a joy to be outside again. Nothing special here, all clad, no wheats and much junk not shown. Not worth putting in "show and tell" but the nickel/dime combo in lower left was interesting and shows coins just like I dug them. ID went like a rapid fire flasher back and forth from 56-84-56-84 etc. no matter what direction or angle I swung. The Omega usually ID's shallow single coins spot on, so I guessed a nickel and something else close together. Didn't know they were that close, literally back to back and about 4" down. First time for me with this detector. Nice little lesson. 2nd pic shows oxidation pattern from touching.
Great user interface from the experience standpoint Shade. I've many times found groupings of coins together by that method when prior, in my earlier days of detecting, would just let those kind of signals go. The machines we own today are telling us the real story of what's down there below our vision and giving us clues to what really is below the ground level. Glad you were able to "see". There's a lot more out there like that. Whether it be iron and clad, iron and silver, or brass v. gold. The machines know. We just have to learn it. And of course dig to discover what those signals really are and gain the experience. Great finds and glad you were able to get out! Yes

Ed
Love to see the clad. I was doing a soccer field earlier this year and it seemed they dropped everything in clumps nickle,dime,quarter often stacked some wierd signals I am glad I didn't know any better then or I would never of collected all that clad. The nickle with penny on up like yours is the fun one.
Thanks for this post , I had my kids and a few others at a birthday party at a local park beg to metal detect.
   We hit a similar signal only it was a quarter and a Nickle together. Out of the five kids that detected with me only my daughter took home more than a buck , but all of them had fun.
   When you share things like this it helps so many people , great post.
Pat
PS how do you count that partial penny , is it three quarters of a cent? ?
Nice hunting shadeseeker. Congrats on going hunting. Sounds like you and the machine is one. Hope you're able to get out there some more and find some silver. Happy
I swung an Omega for a bit a few years back, Shade, and it's a very capable unit. Target ID's are quite accurate, and coupled with the larger readout and lightweight design, it's a winner. Hits on nickels really, really well. Glad you're back out there digging Yes

Joe
Thanks for the nice feed back and encouragement guys. Hunting is still a rare thing for me, but I'm hoping to get out a bit more than I did in the last year. Nice to see you posting again Joe, welcome back.
(10-19-2016 03:32 PM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]Nice to see you posting again Joe, welcome back.

I never left, Shade Wink

Joe
Reference URL's