Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: check your change guys!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bank places 100 'lucky pennies' across US worth $1,000 each
Posted 8:51 a.m. today

Reactions

DETROIT — Stopping to pick up a stray penny off the ground may not seem worth the effort, yet one bank is trying to change that mindset by placing 100 fake pennies across the country worth $1,000 apiece.
Ally Bank says it is hoping to encourage Americans to look for opportunities to save through its "Lucky Penny" promotion, which launched this week. The lucky pennies carry a copper color like real pennies, but feature the Detroit-based bank's logo instead of Abraham Lincoln's head. The flip side of the coin lists its value at 100,000 cents.
The pennies have been placed in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington, D.C., Miami, Denver, Detroit, San Diego, Charlotte, North Carolina, and Austin, Texas.
The coins can be redeemed online until the end of the year.

Read more at http://www.wral.com/bank-places-100-luck...hiTeqMh.99
That's a pretty ingenious promotion. Sadly, not many people pick up pennies anymore, though. I still do most of the time, on principle alone. It's money. Being I'm a coin hound probably factors into my decision too, but I just can't see how anyone can NOT bend down to pick up FREE $$$, regardless of the amount.

Wonder how many of the 100 will be found/turned in? Not many I'm guessing, so I wonder what they'll do with the extras.

Last I heard, I thought Ally was an online only bank. Either way, pretty neat, and good marketing hook.

Joe
Sadly , how quickly people forget how bad they have been screwed.
Ally exists only because the taxpayer coughed up 18 billion dollars to keep it afloat less than ten years ago. Simply another arm of the Federal Reserve polluting the money supply.
http://www.businessinsider.com/how-the-g...all-2010-2
(10-20-2016 03:24 PM)Dusty Wrote: [ -> ]Sadly , how quickly people forget how bad they have been screwed.
Ally exists only because the taxpayer coughed up 18 billion dollars to keep it afloat less than ten years ago. Simply another arm of the Federal Reserve polluting the money supply.
http://www.businessinsider.com/how-the-g...all-2010-2

Just the way it is, until people finally wake up. I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

All of the republican, democrat, etc. stuff is bullshit. It's simply an ILLUSION, to make it APPEAR we have a choice. Makes no difference who we vote for, unless one is part of the ruling class.

That's why we get shafted with crap like TBTF (Too Big to Fail). They could've let the banks fail, but they needed to bail their cronies out. Who's to really say the economy would've totally collapsed if the banks went under, anyways? Did you see the numbers? I didn't. But the crooked politicians said so, so it must've been true, lol.

Those who have the gold make the rules. And they got their slaves in Washington doing all of the dirty work.

Joe
Well, although I know Ally "was" Countrywide, a very long time ago, (2009) Chuckle, I'll be looking for those pennies and MAKING THEM PAY!

Most people are not aware and don't care that "the Bank" is having a contest to give us "our own money back". And of course it's because they want more of our money so they can rehypothecate it 90:1 and end up in the same boat, again and again and again, ad infinitum! Wanna buy my Ally Bank shares? Anyone? Anyone!

People never wake to scams, because they are too good to be true and they suck it right up!

Ain't it GREAT!

God I wish I was a banker! Or, hmmmm...... maybe not.

I seem to remember that Bill Clinton was heavily involved in those negotiations back then. I saw him on a news conference with all the then current biggies and remember him saying that, "We have to do this, or the system will meltdown." . Or something to that effect. I can't find a youtube clip that shows him saying this. But who signed The Glass-Steagall Act away? Anyone? Anyone!

Ed
Ed , If I'm not mistaken that was Hillary's devoted husband Bill after encouragement from the GOP Congress and Newt Gingrich. Oh the corruption and incestuous behavior has no bounds. Like this one:

http://truthfeed.com/corrupt-hsbc-global...nch/12683/

The governments method of operation and Clinton's business model is a perfection of the Chicago mafia and Al Capone , they just covered the one flaw in Al's plan,,,,,Hillary also has the IRS on her payroll.
Thanks for letting me know. I hope to get some of our tax dollar back! Probably best to invest it in precious metals. Happy
Reference URL's