Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Frightening
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
These poor kids must be traumatized by this. Terrible incident.

What gets me though, if you look closely and read the sign, it states; "Do not agitate the tigers". Yes, don't agitate the animals, people. While we enclose these wild creatures and whip them to smithereens! But no agitation, please.

I understand the trainer HAD to do what he had to, but maybe the damn tiger shouldn't be locked up in the first place Think

http://nypost.com/2016/10/26/tiger-attac...ield-trip/

Joe
That was a frightening clip to be sure, and it is fortunate that the woman was merely scratched and nipped rather than having her face chewed half off. You can bet the kids will be affected for a long time. This episode brings to mind the chimpanzee attack on the keeper's friend (face gone), the sea world tragedy with the whale, Roy and Siegfreid, the lady eaten by her pet big cat in a N.C. private preserve, elephant stampedes at circuses, etc. You can find episodes all over the place of wild animals doing what wild animals do. You are right Joe. Leave the wild things in the wild, and observe them there. Don't put them in a cage and deprive them of what is the essence of life to them, drive them to near madness, and then expect them to thank us for it. How will that trainer ever approach the tiger again on any level of "personal" interaction after the beating he gave it. I would bet that even though it is seen as a "dumb" animal, the cat will remember that incident. If we have to keep animals for entertainment, then lets put them in big expansive outdoor areas where they feel some sense of normality, and not in small steel prisons.
That's all. Sometimes I tend to rant on a subject important to me. One last thought. Ghandi said a nation's greatness can be judged by how it treats its animals.
(10-26-2016 10:58 AM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]That was a frightening clip to be sure, and it is fortunate that the woman was merely scratched and nipped rather than having her face chewed half off. You can bet the kids will be affected for a long time. This episode brings to mind the chimpanzee attack on the keeper's friend (face gone), the sea world tragedy with the whale, Roy and Siegfreid, the lady eaten by her pet big cat in a N.C. private preserve, elephant stampedes at circuses, etc. You can find episodes all over the place of wild animals doing what wild animals do. You are right Joe. Leave the wild things in the wild, and observe them there. Don't put them in a cage and deprive them of what is the essence of life to them, drive them to near madness, and then expect them to thank us for it. How will that trainer ever approach the tiger again on any level of "personal" interaction after the beating he gave it. I would bet that even though it is seen as a "dumb" animal, the cat will remember that incident. If we have to keep animals for entertainment, then lets put them in big expansive outdoor areas where they feel some sense of normality, and not in small steel prisons.
That's all. Sometimes I tend to rant on a subject important to me. One last thought. Ghandi said a nation's greatness can be judged by how it treats its animals.

While we live in a free country, and I wouldn't deprive anyone for their love of owning exotic animals, if they so wish, I don't think it's the wisest thing in the world, and wholeheartedly agree you, Shade.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a trip to the zoo as much as the next guy, but as you said, there's a major difference between a giant zoo, which is run professionally, and humanely, versus some backyard circus exhibit. Even with the zoo's, I feel we're walking a fine line by caging most of these wild creatures, but if done the right way, with the utmost care for both the animals & handlers, I generally don't have an issue with it.

More than likely, and sadly, that animal has had obedience beaten into it, over the course of many months/years. However, it is still, by heart, a WILD creature, and more than likely, the behavior we saw displayed by it in the video was nothing more than rambunctious playing. However, because it is caged, and forced to "perform" with humans, it is automatically the ANIMAL that is attacked, for doing something that is natural to him/her.

I remember vividly the story of the Chimp that brutalized that woman. First thing I remember thinking was; "Who keeps a fully grown Chimpanzee in a house...in Connecticut?!?! Again, it is their right to do so, but should we be surprised when these creatures snap and hurt humans?

I'm sure the handler of that tiger is experienced, but I echo your thoughts about the animal remembering that whipping, and wouldn't be surprised at all if the tiger lashed out again in the future.

Amazing that this stuff can go on, and there's even all types of laws on the side of the owners/handlers of these wild animals. Yet, if I dig a 6" hole in the ground looking for a coin, I'm an evildoer!

Joe
Human's think they are the ultimate powerful beast and rulers of the world.

What surprise when you put a weaponless person like that into a jungle of wild animals, insects, snakes.... Then the finally get it, how low on the totem pole they really are and make great treats for many wild animals, the insects will clean the plate......

I feel if your going to keep a wild animal as a pet, at least give them natural surroundings with plenty of room so they are comfortable and happy.

Any caged up, beaten animal or human  will eventually revolt in one way or another.... a fit of rage can be dangerous.
(10-26-2016 03:32 PM)Sven TreasureLinx Wrote: [ -> ]Human's think they are the ultimate powerful beast and rulers of the world.

What surprise when you put a weaponless person like that into a jungle of wild animals, insects, snakes.... Then the finally get it, how low on the totem pole they really are and make great treats for many wild animals, the insects will clean the plate......

I feel if your going to keep a wild animal as a pet, at least give them natural surroundings with plenty of room so they are comfortable and happy.

Any caged up, beaten animal or human  will eventually revolt in one way or another.... a fit of rage can be dangerous.

Sometimes they'll have those human interest stories on the news or similar programs, where they show a family living in an apartment or house with a lion, tiger, chimp or other wild animal, and I'm always like...WTF?!?!

I'm all for a love of animals, but I also don't want to be ripped to shreds by one!

Joe
Regardless of Freedom of Choice, and what the law allows, wild animals have been around for millennia more than humans who think they can "Own" them. Habitats that display wild animals in their normal environment, (Like Africa or wherever.), are and should be protected and the animals left to their own desires and "instincts". I'm sorry those kids had to see that but I'm also aware that they have now learned a brutal lesson about wild animals. No matter how friendly you think you can make them, the basal instinct is still "WILD". That goes for Deer, Coons, Bear, and various venomous snakes. And sometimes the neighbors dog! Let us have our space and give them there's. A hungry wild animal is not a friend or pet. It's a wild animal. Human's "thinking" they can control it is just way off base. And has been for years! Two wolves and a sheep are decicing what to have for dinner. Where's the winner? What, we're a bunch of Sheep?

Ed
Nothing to worry about, all the bad species will be gone in three years anyway.
More bull$h!t from the environmentalist zealots.
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/...port-warns
[quote='Dusty' pid='37225' dateline='1477567814']
[/quote

I'm not well-versed enough on the topic to comment, Dusty, but I get your point.

I have my own thoughts/opinions on the matter, and they may or may not be accurate, so, at the end of the day, no FACTS to speak of.

Just an assumption, but I'm guessing you do not have a "Save the Whales" bumper sticker on your car? Chuckle

Joe
That's just crazy, too bad all around.
(10-27-2016 09:29 AM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ][quote='Dusty' pid='37225' dateline='1477567814']
[/quote

I'm not well-versed enough on the topic to comment, Dusty, but I get your point.

I have my own thoughts/opinions on the matter, and they may or may not be accurate, so, at the end of the day, no FACTS to speak of.

Just an assumption, but I'm guessing you do not have a "Save the Whales" bumper sticker on your car? Chuckle

Joe

Actually Joe , I'd love to save the whales and , we are. Public outcry has all but stopped everyone but the Japs and a few Russians from hunting them and there's no economic value in the products anymore beside novelties. Once the populations have increased enough I think they should have a species specific hunting permit for who ever can afford it , set the permit at $500,000 and have fun.
There are plenty of Ahabs out there full of Federal Reserve money who will be happy to get their rocks off chasing Moby Dick on their yachts. The wolves out here in the West are the same story,,,after they eat some ranchers kid we will be hunting them again. The whale population was decimated because they once had an economic value and since no one actually "owns" the ocean they live in , it created a classic depredation of the commons scenario so it led to their slaughter.

The tree huggers won't admit it but in all reality "big oil" has already saved the whales by providing alternative resources at less cost to perform the same functions. Free markets work if we can stop mucking them up!!!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's