Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Good Bad and the Ugly Go Detecting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Had to make a run to a clinic, not for me....and forced to watch the movie Rango in the waiting room. Actually a pretty good movie. I got a kick out of the part where Clint Eastwood is found detecting in the desert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nMo8duNJNU

Appeared to be swinging an old Whites machine, to my eyes.

Sven, my son is 7, so it's pretty much the law of the land that I see any movie with animated characters in it Tongue

Rango was a good flick. Some of the kids stuff is too wacky for my taste, but many of the kid's movies (Rango included) have a lot of double entendre's and pun's that the little one's laugh at, though are actually more directed at adults.

I don't think any one of us will ever look cooler than Clint Eastwood while swinging a detector...at least I won't!

When you first mentioned the clinic, I thought you were going to say you were detecting a farmstead and got zapped by an electric fence!!!

Joe
People keep asking me if I'm Strother Martin

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001510/
That was a pretty neat scene from a very good movie. It's remarkable that an animation can be as entertaining and sometimes even better than the actor filled flicks they churn out all the time. A lot of what hits the screen these days is just rubbish. Joe you nailed it when you mentioned the two levels apparent in these type films. Takes talent to appeal to two audiences at the same time on different intellectual planes. And Dusty, Strother Martin was OK with me, a real character actor, first rate.
"No man can walk out on his own story!" That did it for me. Otherwise I'm very behind the times on animation and clips. But 3D is coming full blast, and not that visor crap. Just wait. I'll have a box in my living room when that happens.

And my father said he would never buy a color TV until he could hang it on a wall. He never saw the flats today, or then. My brother bought him a little 20" portable tube Sony for the living room. Being my brother, of course. But Dad was waiting for flying cars and the Jetson's too.

So I don't ever expect the 3D box in the living room. Don't even have a flat. Just the internet.

Oh well!

And I'm listening to the Indians game on AM Radio!

Ed

My uncle Mickey who owned a TV/Radio repair shop, he called this noise. It puts me to sleep actually!
Wow , my kids took me to see that movie and didn't even remember the detector in it.
That was a nice little pick me up on a cold rainy October morning.
Pat
Reference URL's