Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Sun was shinin but a clady day in da Burgh
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hit a small city park that I had not tried yet. One small section near some benches and the street had targets everywhere. Dug alot of clad down to 4-5 inches. Can tell this place is not hunted much. Wasn't getting anything deep though. Then went to a spot I have been wanting to try for two weeks. Got there and noticed that part of the ground surface looked like melted iron. It was. The machine was overloading everywhere unless I kept the coil around five inches off the ground. Picked up a few surface hits. I was so disappointed. This is definitely an old site. I found a metal button with two holes there and what looks like a broken piece of the top of an old glass bottle. I did get $2.40 in change. GO BUCCOS!!!
Well, don't feel too bad. If I had a nickel for every site that didn't work out for me, I'd be a gazillionaire! Melted iron on the ground? That's a new one. Are you sure that's what it was?

At least you got out. And that clad adds up Yes I'm cleaning a batch in my new tumbler as I write this Happy

Joe
(10-06-2013 09:10 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Well, don't feel too bad. If I had a nickel for every site that didn't work out for me, I'd be a gazillionaire! Melted iron on the ground? That's a new one. Are you sure that's what it was?

At least you got out. And that clad adds up Yes I'm cleaning a batch in my new tumbler as I write this Happy

Joe

Well it wasn't in the melted state anymore. I'm pretty sure that is what it was though. The area was once all iron and glass works. There is one spot where I fish that you find big chunks of glass laying around. I have picked up baseball size pieces and put them in our turtle tank.

I cleaned that button some. Any button experts know approx age of one of these?
Reference URL's