Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Triplets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[attachment=8919]
Hi everyone
Man, it's been a TERRIBLE summer! According to news reports, the worst drought in 10 years in New Jersey. We finally got some rain the past week or so and the ground is fairly decent now. Got out yesterday with Joe to a new area. First target for me was a silver Rosey. Usually a bad sign when I find silver on the first target. After about 2 hours we moved to slope in the same park. After about 20 minutes I got another Rosey and about 10 minutes got the third one. We had to go after that but I will definitely be going back. Also, last week I found a '41 merc and '42 quarter at another park. Hopefully the moist soil will bring out some more silver.
Gerry
Nice set of triplets! I'll take rosies any time! And congrats on the Merc and Washington previously. Glad to hear the weather is lightening up for you guys. The bogs here are still pretty dry but that'll change I'm sure. November weather projections here say warmer than normal and dry so we'll see.

Ed
Good work Gerry. I'm sure those silvers take away some of the disappointment of the episode with the creep who kept you and Joe out of the other park. Hope the digging stays good in your area.
You did well Yes As I told you, to find 3 silvers in one outing nowadays, especially in beat up, urban parks is about as good as it gets. Funny how we overlooked that one area, and decided to try it on a lark, towards the end. Always gotta be moving Wink

Joe
I'll take rosies any day, I hit 4 yards, netted 5 wheats Sad Nice job!!
What a fine looking set of triplets . 
   I find it funny that you say when you find silver first thing it is usually a bad hunt, I find that if I dig a silver right out of the gate (or a Nickle) that it usually means nothing else of any note gets found the rest of that hunt.
Pat
(10-29-2016 05:33 PM)Digsit Wrote: [ -> ]What a fine looking set of triplets . 
   I find it funny that you say when you find silver first thing it is usually a bad hunt, I find that if I dig a silver right out of the gate (or a Nickle) that it usually means nothing else of any note gets found the rest of that hunt.
Pat
I can't tell you how many times I've found a silver on the first target then go the rest of the day finding everything but silver. Wierd.
Gerry
Gerry F, congratulations! And I am happy they were not the real kid of triplets, yikes!
I know what you mean about finding a cool first target then nothing else comes your way. I have done that many times. Then you say to yourself, "I should have left after the first ten minutes....."
Congratulation on the Rosies. Silver it Silver and I would be happy to find one of those. Even Rosies are hard to find around here. Glad you found some new grounds and good luck.
Reference URL's