Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Silver charm, Rosey, IH and Barber
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[attachment=8946][attachment=8947][attachment=8948][attachment=8949][attachment=8950][attachment=8951][attachment=8952][attachment=8953]
Joe and I hit a new to us old park on Tuesday. Was very slow going for the first couple of hours. I decided to move to an area that didn't have much grass. After about 5 minutes I got the Rosey. About 5 minutes later the 1904 IH and the Barber about 10 minutes later. The charm says "925" on the back, not sterling. Anyone know how old this might be?
The Barber came out of the ground completely black because it was in an area that seems to hold water. The Barber and IH are one of my best finds as far as wear goes. Accept for some minor scratches the Barber looke uncirculated.
Gerry
Ya did good, Gerry Yes That one is still a head scratcher for me. You saw all the ultra deep clad we were pulling. Why that one spot gave up those goodies is a real mystery. Maybe the shorter grass?

Definitely worthy of another visit, but you know where we have to try next Wink

Excellent photos, btw!

Joe
Good quality always makes for a great hunt and the Barber and the IH are both remarkable. They couldn't have been circulating long before they were lost. Rare to see that much detail on an Indian. Good work!.
What a great hunt , did you leave any good finds for Joe?
  That barber is in good shape. I hope you get some more great finds. It brightens the day of those of us with little to no hunting time.
Pat
Great finds Gerry. I'd rate that Barber Dime Extra Fine. Obverse rim shows a little flattening but the detail in the wheat stalks and cob is the tell and they're nice. Reverse is in excellent condition as well, not much wear on the wreath and Liberty really stands out. .925 is Sterling. (Tomato, Tamato) You guys always get such nice looking IHP's. Ours here are always so toasted that half the time you can't read the date. Welcome to the rust belt I'd guess. Anyway, if you got that in one spot I'd redo it with different machines to see what else turns up. Great hunt!

Ed
Gerry F, yeah I agree terrific finds and terrific photo's. Congratulations you are back in the swing! It was good to hear that you had a feeling for that area. SOmetimes we have to listen to our inner selves and just go for it.
Reference URL's