Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Turkey day dinner site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thanks to all for the replies to this post. I had hoped that sharing a few stories would help us get to know each other a bit better and I was not disappointed. Technical and factual matters seem to dominate many posts and I've come to appreciate our members' skills, but I like to see the personal side too. All the stories were nice and I can relate to each of them. Also liked the responses to my denial of permission post. Lots of passion for detecting here and it showed through. Thanks for all the heartfelt advice. Happy Thanksgiving to all.
(11-23-2016 08:54 PM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks to all for the replies to this post. I had hoped that sharing a few stories would help us get to know each other a bit better and I was not disappointed. Technical and factual matters seem to dominate many posts and I've come to appreciate our members' skills, but I like to see the personal side too. All the stories were nice and I can relate to each of them. Also liked the responses to my denial of permission post. Lots of passion for detecting here and it showed through. Thanks for all the heartfelt advice. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

I agree, Shade Yes It's tough sometimes, as we converse so freely and make bonds with our fellow members, but at the same time, we're all kind of strangers on a certain level. It would be my dream to have some type of TC event on a yearly basis, where all of our members can meet up and detect someplace cool for the weekend. I looked into doing it before, but since we're so spread out, there were many who obviously couldn't make it, and it didn't feel right to hold an event for only 10 or 15 people, as lots of people would be excluded. But...

I had another idea recently. If I can get an assortment sponsors in different regions (Northeast, Midwest, West Coast, etc.) to help fund hunts, we can have TC members from each of those regions attend the hunts much easier. And there could even be a designated person in each location who could video the outing, so we can enjoy watching them on Youtube. It's a win for the sponsors, the members, and our community as a whole.

Just an idea, and not sure if it would even work, but it's easier than having one hunt for a small group of members.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's