Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: British Pennies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've found quite a few of these British pennies, but never knew about the significance of the 1933 variety. Wouldn't mind seeing one of these in the hole one day Happy

http://www.coinworld.com/news/world-coin....all.html#
I've found both Canadian and Mexican coins over the years , but only one British coin a 20 pence coin from 1983. It is seven sided ( a Septagon ?) 
   I wish you luck on the 33 penny , the article you linked us to makes it seem rarer than a gold coin. It sure will be a great post when you find it!
Pat
To bad the 1738 british farthing is only probably worth a dollar. But it's history is priceless. One day I hope to find a rare and valuable coin. And even though I'm broke, I'd like to keep it and pass it onto my children. Unless it was a 1933 british penny...or 10k+....ok maybe 5k+...they can have a picture or a replica. Lol.
Well, you never know what you will find out there and that I feel keeps us all going.
Cool coin though.
I'm surprised nobody tore those slabs up they mentioned in the article to get the pennies underneath it Chuckle
Yeah, I know what you mean. If it's there like a giant X marks the spot, why hasn't anyone dug that baby up?
Reference URL's