Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: New Wireless Headphones
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(12-26-2016 09:38 PM)Dusty Wrote: [ -> ]That appears to be a pretty well engineered set-up from Garrett . Good for them.
At $130 it will probably be half the size and half the price of the barnish offering from Minelab and with 30 to 40 hours of hunting time it will be hard to beat.

Minelab will probably sue Garrett nowHappy

Looks pretty good to me, too, but how it works is the million dollar question. Also...

If someone was indeed interested in going wireless, I don't know how this unit is advantageous, as there's still a cord involved, which runs from the headphones into the adapter. True, you're not tethered to the detector, but why the need for a cord of ANY kind if one was going to spend the extra money? Kinda defeats the purpose, in my opinion.
You can roll the cord up and stick the receiver in a pocket which helps in the bushes quite a bit but , beyond that , your point is well taken. I have no trouble with a cord as long as it's well made and coils well. The Koss that Minelab sells with their units are pretty sorry. I use the wired back phones from XP almost exclusively and they have skinny long uncoiled cords that really get in the way which makes the cordless set-ups very helpful but not necessary.

The option to use whatever headphones you wish are what make these wireless arrangements popular. I don't like over the head regular type headphones because they limit the type of hat you can wear and I hate those caps with the neck shade which get grimy and hot in the Summer,,,much better being able to wear a wide brimmed hat.

Deus and White's are the only manufacturers to do it right so far and theirs is detector specific and White's only have the one style. What's cool about White's set-up is that more than one person can listen to the same detector for training purposes if you both have the headsetsYes
I think wireless is going to be the industry standard from here on out. Maybe not on entry level units, but certainly on the higher-end machines, moving forward. There are many like me, who aren't bothered by the cords, but if they don't have to be there, get rid of them.

IMO, the most groundbreaking detector in the last 10 years has been without a doubt, the Deus. What they were able to achieve by mounting the controls all within that little housing...which can be removed!...is stunning.

Thank the lord companies like Whites finally woke up, and are coming out with newer, innovative designs. Those old wristbreakers with the bread box sized control housings are a thing of the past. Built like tanks? Surely, but who the hell wants to lug one of those around all day.

Gonna be interesting to see which wireless module emerges as the clear winner after all is said and done. My vote goes towards the Deteknix, but I could see Minelab getting to the front of the pack, too.
Joe my money's on the z-link Garrett's coming out with if it performs as they say. A little pricey for my taste but no where near what the Minelab will cost and the 30 to 40 hours run time would be terrific. That's the weak point with the Deteknix , 6 or 7 hours max , plus their whole setup feels "chinese". I wish I had waited a few months and bought the Garrett,,,it just looks better and is a U.S. productYes
Just my two cents..
The increase in popularity of wireless over corded has been noticed by Garrett Marketing. They also noticed how much metal detector consumers are willing to pay. So its a no-brainer to copy and or redesign to fit their needs using the same technology let's say as Deteknix.  If Garrett has their headphones built in China, we know their cost is about $15-20 or less a set. Big profits!

The selling point of the Garretts to get the extra higher price over the Deteknix is operating time. Otherwise specs and mounting are the same.
To get this longer running time, look at the products size.They are bigger, to hold larger higher capacity batteries, which mean a bit extra weight. Deteknix is using much smaller batteries to keep everything small and lightweight. So its a give and take thing.

By the way, this Garrett product came out months after Deteknix came out with their similar wireless module set up for Garrett and other detectors.

I am sure Garrett will have  a robust product up to a higher standard than many China products, even if made in China.

You can be sure White's, First Texas will soon have similar products.

There are hundreds of similar adapters modules on the market using Bluetooth, which would have been the ideal technology. Too bad it suffers from  some lag, which is noticeable in metal detectors and not in portable audio devices, etc. Too much R&D, cost investment needed to produce a Bluetooth that would function properly. So to quickly get something on the market, standard old  2.4 wireless technology is used as that in your wireless telephones etc.

One thing for sure wireless beats corded headphones, just have to keep on top of making sure batteries are charged. Just something extra to think about...

Fun to have new toys with choices  that make the hobby more pleasurable.....
(12-28-2016 11:21 AM)Sven TreasureLinx Wrote: [ -> ]Just my two cents..
The increase in popularity of wireless over corded has been noticed by Garrett Marketing. They also noticed how much metal detector consumers are willing to pay. So its a no-brainer to copy and or redesign to fit their needs using the same technology let's say as Deteknix.  If Garrett has their headphones built in China, we know their cost is about $15-20 or less a set. Big profits!

The selling point of the Garretts to get the extra higher price over the Deteknix is operating time. Otherwise specs and mounting are the same.
To get this longer running time, look at the products size.They are bigger, to hold larger higher capacity batteries, which mean a bit extra weight. Deteknix is using much smaller batteries to keep everything small and lightweight. So its a give and take thing.

By the way, this Garrett product came out months after Deteknix came out with their similar wireless module set up for Garrett and other detectors.

I am sure Garrett will have  a robust product up to a higher standard than many China products, even if made in China.

You can be sure White's, First Texas will soon have similar products.

There are hundreds of similar adapters modules on the market using Bluetooth, which would have been the ideal technology. Too bad it suffers from  some lag, which is noticeable in metal detectors and not in portable audio devices, etc. Too much R&D, cost investment needed to produce a Bluetooth that would function properly. So to quickly get something on the market, standard old  2.4 wireless technology is used as that in your wireless telephones etc.

One thing for sure wireless beats corded headphones, just have to keep on top of making sure batteries are charged. Just something extra to think about...

Fun to have new toys with choices  that make the hobby more pleasurable.....

Yes, just another new toy, Sven Yes I agree they aren't needed, but being cord free is a nice luxury. So, I expect your statement to become a reality. There will be MASSIVE amounts of these units flooding the hobby, many from overseas. Everyone will buy one, and the next new gizmo will be rolled out just in time for Christmas 2017 Wink
I wanted one of the garrets until I heard what the price was. Wireless is great, and nice and all. But being in the fields, and not in the woods. It's not so necessary for me. Although it would be nice....if it was about $60 I'd hop on it right away. Just to go wireless.
I'll stick wired for now as it's not a problem for me.
(01-02-2017 06:18 PM)Zachbl92 Wrote: [ -> ]I wanted one of the garrets until I heard what the price was. Wireless is great, and nice and all. But being in the fields, and not in the woods. It's not so necessary for me. Although it would be nice....if it was about $60 I'd hop on it right away. Just to go wireless.
I'll stick wired for now as it's not a problem for me.

I'm with you. If I woods hunted more, or the cord bothered me, I'd get the wireless asap. But I'm good for now. If it ain't broke, no need to fix it.

I'll probably get one for shits and giggles sometime later this year, and if it's good, I'll stick with it. But if I notice any lag or it messes with the performance of the detector, it's a goner.

I'd rather have a few new hunting sites stocked with keepers, instead Happy
(12-20-2016 07:17 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]My hunting partner Gerry uses the Deteknix wireless headphones, and he really likes them, with the exception of the earphones being a bit on the small side, and the battery sometimes seeming to be quite short (especially in colder weather). They work fantastic though, and have no perceptible delay in transmitting tones from the wireless transmitter to the headphones, as I listen to many of his signals, and the sound & clarity is great.

I heard about these recently, and they might be an improvement over an already excellent product (Deteknix).

From the looks of it, the headphones that come with this wireless system seem to be of a higher caliber.

Bear in mind, I have not tried these, but according to the specs & the visuals, they look pretty awesome. If they work even nearly as well as the Deteknix's, they're winners.

http://golddiggerinnovativeproducts.com/...eadphones/

Joe

Joe, was at his store yesterday, needed to buy a new pinpointer. While I was there I tried those on. No delay at all. Very well made but a little pricey. He told me that he is working on even a newer set with better ID sounds.
This might be the wrong thread to ask this in, but I am still working my way around so please forgive my newbie ways.

I wanted to find out if any of you had any suggestions for some cheap headset gear as well as an affordable, sturdy detector? Any suggestions that you have will be greatly appreciated! Happy
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's