Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(12-27-2016 09:05 PM)Dusty Wrote: [ -> ]The 6" coil and the 35 Combined tone setting is very powerful in iron sites.
There is a reason Keith Southern feels the CTX is the most versatile detector.
If you have Andy's book study the stuff on page 133 but learn to hunt with an open screen or the factory relic pattern,,,don't black out Co 49 or 50.

K.S. knows his stuff. I enjoy his testing videos, too.
I've heard bad stuff about the ctx in fields. Is this true? I'd like the deus but if the ctx can be paired with a harness and it does good in the fields...I'll learn that baby and would love it over a deus. It's such a cool machine.
I also see, almost all European detectorists use the deus. Very few ctx for the fields. Is the deus just the better option overall in the fields?
(01-03-2017 12:15 AM)Zachbl92 Wrote: [ -> ]I've heard bad stuff about the ctx in fields. Is this true? I'd like the deus but if the ctx can be paired with a harness and it does good in the fields...I'll learn that baby and would love it over a deus. It's such a cool machine.
I also see, almost all European detectorists use the deus. Very few ctx for the fields. Is the deus just the better option overall in the fields?

Wayne is the man who can best answer this question, as he mainly hunts big farm fields, and he's worked them quite often with a CTX. Ron, too. Curious as to how well he's doing on that relic hunt in S.C.? I believe they got plastered with buckets of rain, and even some snow down there. Hopefully it didn't put the kibosh on his trip. If I know him though, he's gonna be flying back home with some super keepers. And will probably have a killer video to boot Yes
If memory serves me correctly according to Mr. Andy S., FBS machines suffer in plowed fields because of the uneven ground. conflicts or confuse the fbs circuitry. FBS machines shine when the coil has the ability to be swung slow and in contact with the ground. Makes sense to me as it would explain FBS machines performing so poorly with the air test?
Sorry I got lost on the question the CTX 3030 is a great machine the only place I hunt with it is in fields or woods or in the water. I do not do yards or parks. And when I go detecting it is all day like 12 hrs at a time. When I go to England it is in March straight after not detecting for 3 months and 12 hrs a day for 2 weeks straight and I do not use a harness. But one could be attached if needed. As for detecting in fields I have done it in pastures , hayfields , Disc fields, plowed , and chiseled. The only ones you would have a harder time is a uneven field which I would think hurts any detector. As for how I us it I have a special relic program for England which I use everywhere. Mostly all i get rid of are small nails. And you do have to go slower with this detector. I just wish I had more time to use it, with 4 to 5 months of frozen ground.
(01-11-2017 11:59 AM)Firedigger109 Wrote: [ -> ]If memory serves me correctly according to Mr. Andy S., FBS machines suffer in plowed fields because of the uneven ground. conflicts or confuse the fbs circuitry. FBS machines shine when the coil has the ability to be swung slow and in contact with the ground. Makes sense to me as it would explain FBS machines performing so poorly with the air test?

All true. I don't put much stock in air tests anyways, but Minelabs are particularly bad with them. And the issue with plowed fields is quite a common complaint from ML users.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's