Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: WOW!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since I'm kind of a movie buff, I was pretty surprised I never heard about this one, slipped right under my radar. But wow, does this flick look good! I chanced upon the trailer online, and now I'm all hopped up to see it. Will try to get it on Netflix tonight. It's called GOLD, with Matthew McConaughey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdLXPv5NsA4
That does look good , I wonder how it flew under the radar , I do not remember seeing previews or reviews for this either.
Pat
It probably flew under the radar because McConaughey is really not the kind of guy Hollywierd wants to succeed these days being since all the liberals are falling on the swords of hypocrisy.
http://www.celebritybeliefs.com/matthew-mcconaughey/
The story sounds interesting and I seem to remember bits and pieces of the scandal way back then. There were some guys who tried something similar here in the late 70's. They took some gold from a recycling effort and after melting , dribbled it into cooling water to make shot. Then they loaded it into shotgun shells and went to some mountains near here that did at one time produce significant gold and seeded a couple of dirt banks with their shotguns. Evidently , on impact , the shot took on the appearance of native gold and they were selling shares to investors. Total fraud. I don't remember how it came apart but one of my good friends Father was implicated but never served any time. He did however die broke.
(01-19-2017 07:36 PM)Dusty Wrote: [ -> ]It probably flew under the radar because McConaughey is really not the kind of guy Hollywierd wants to succeed these days being since all the liberals are falling on the swords of hypocrisy.
http://www.celebritybeliefs.com/matthew-mcconaughey/
The story sounds interesting and I seem to remember bits and pieces of the scandal way back then. There were some guys who tried something similar here in the late 70's. They took some gold from a recycling effort and after melting , dribbled it into cooling water to make shot. Then they loaded it into shotgun shells and went to some mountains near here that did at one time produce significant gold and seeded a couple of dirt banks with their shotguns. Evidently , on impact , the shot took on the appearance of native gold and they were selling shares to investors. Total fraud. I don't remember how it came apart but one of my good friends Father was implicated but never served any time. He did however die broke.

Hollywood consists of mostly liberal elites, and yes, they make it tough for anyone outside of their bubble to thrive in the business. No argument from me on that. But truth be told, I'd like him as an actor even if he was on the left...or anywhere else on the political scale. To me, he just an entertainer, nothing more, nothing less. As far as the liberal tendencies which are helping to drag this country into the abyss, I won't get into that here, though I stand with you on your sentiments.

P.S. - I got the movie info wrong. It hasn't been released yet. End of January or February, if I'm not mistaken.
Awh man, I got excited. I saw the previews for this once or twice. Been waiting on it. Look foward to watching it as well, looks like a great movie. Thanks for reminding me!
Cool, keep us poted - this might be a good movie for us treasure hunters.
Reference URL's