Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Save a Rev war Site -- sign if you support this
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(01-22-2017 09:05 PM)Dusty Wrote: [ -> ]I agree completely Joe , except on the new forum name. I have no problem accepting that the power of desiring inclusion and the internet can get people to sometimes make unwise and untimely decisions Happy As I said earlier , the petition will have no merit and that will be recognized by the review board when they see addresses that are thousands of miles from the site. It's a form of abuse of being able to touch millions of people , kind of like that guy a while back who joined here and posted how he had started a Go Fund Me account for $500 so he could buy a new laptop!! What a dip$hit.

I don't care if they increase traffic with an Ihop or not because my cattle aren't grazing in that pasture but I do care about preserving property rights.

That's a new one to me, never saw that post. When was this? I'm guessing Sven (correctly) gave the guy the ax, because I don't remember doing so. Just when I thought I've seen everything, lol.

There was a fella on another forum (non-detecting related) a year or two ago, who faked having some terminal disease along with a grand sob story to go with it. Don't remember the particulars, but he wound up getting over $500,000 in donations. He got busted soon thereafter and was hit with jail time. Not much, but enough to teach him a lesson.
Dang, I just wanted to save it so I could go hunt it!! Wink
Funny you should say that Ron.
One of the reasons I included the name of the owner I found was thinking Joe would be on the horn trying to get permission to hunt the land.
Unfortunately , google street view looking at what I think is the property it looks to be dense jungle that would be a real challenge to swing a detector over.
It would be win/win for the land owner to let the site be detected.
He could either say the previous archies were correct in saying there wasn't anything there or he could say it had been removed.
Looks to only be about 75 miles from Joe,,,that's less than an hour's drive out hereHappy
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's