Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: THE NEW NOKTA IMPACT - INTRODUCTION/UNVEILING VIDEO
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It's being compared to the Fisher F75, seems to match and then not match its performance from what I have been reading.
Possibly not being the meal ticket in mineralized grounds. Probably why the Makro/Notka products are not making a big hit here in Canada
along with not having the ability to ID Canadian clad with out   bouncy bounce target ID numbers. The few people I did know that owned and tried the Racers sold them after a short time.

The Impact does have the capability of being updated via an owners computer that can be a plus?

In my mind, the Impact has too many parameters that can be adjusted. Reminds me of the AKA Berkut I really liked with way too many adjustments that can be made, so your always tinkering for max performance, wondering if the settings are good enough. As much as I liked using the AKA, wasn't enjoying the hunt. With the Impact with three frequencies its like having three detectors as well, keeps you wondering did you get it all. So away you tinker different frequency and a whole new round of settings..............Might be not a bad thing for those who love using playing with their cell phones with tons of apps 24 hours a day.

Wouldn't mind trying an Impact that some one owns, just not going out of my way  to get the new fangled detector that's also not in the budget.

I am happy using what I have and keep my distance from the stream of hype and excitement which drives detectorists to buy-buy-buy looking for the holy grail and greener pastures.

You can always see the incredible finds being made when a new detector is released, the same old cleaned out spots, hunted for years, all of a sudden produce unreal amounts of stuff...after using the last super fangled hyped detector there before........funny how that happens.  Not saying it doesn't happen, I have worked one schoolyard for several years and thought I cleaned it out using low and high end detectors and still continuously found stuff. Have to admit I was shocked when I went back in with my PI and found loads the VLF's missed. Rarely find anything there now.

Will be interesting to see how the Impact fares over the next few months.
I am a little late catching up on some recent posts, but I wanted to join the others in noting what a good job you did with the video, introduction, and analysis of the Impact.
Real good explanations. I'm pleased that you were selected for the trial--it says a great deal about you and your reputation. Congratulations all around.
Thanks for all the comments and such guys. I appreciate the kind words Yes

Joe,

if you're spoiled on a FBS or BBS Minelab (or a few like me lol) = it's hard to find anything on the market that will
compare/out do one of those when it comes to the # readout down to fringe depth.

This Impact is a VLF machine and there really isn't any VLF that can ID down to the depths that an FBS can.

It's not that this machine isn't deep though but you have to hunt much more by tone on the deeper stuff because
like all other VLF's = after about 6/7" or so depending on soil conditions, size of coin/target, etc. = the VDI/#'s start
to skew the deeper/smaller the target is and/or the worse the soil conditions are.

This thing truly is an "iron sifting king" though, and just a great all arounder type machine for several different
types/styles of hunting in various sites and in various conditions.
(02-22-2017 06:18 PM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for all the comments and such guys. I appreciate the kind words Yes

Joe,

if you're spoiled on a FBS or BBS Minelab (or a few like me lol) = it's hard to find anything on the market that will
compare/out do one of those when it comes to the # readout down to fringe depth.

This Impact is a VLF machine and there really isn't any VLF that can ID down to the depths that an FBS can.

It's not that this machine isn't deep though but you have to hunt much more by tone on the deeper stuff because
like all other VLF's = after about 6/7" or so depending on soil conditions, size of coin/target, etc. = the VDI/#'s start
to skew the deeper/smaller the target is and/or the worse the soil conditions are.

This thing truly is an "iron sifting king" though, and just a great all arounder type machine for several different
types/styles of hunting in various sites and in various conditions.

Wayne, I figured as much, and I appreciate your honesty in the assessment of the machine, in terms of what it is, and what it is not. Many times when a new unit comes out, the first few guys to get their hands on a machine fall so deeply in love, that they only focus on and report the good, and neglect to inform about the drawbacks. Not saying the Impact has drawbacks per se, but you get what I mean.

Yes, being a coin hunter who hunts trashy spots, the FBS machines are tough to beat. But believe me, if I found something better I'd use it in a heartbeat. I realize depth isn't everything...the end all/be all, but for MY type of hunting in my ground, it is quite important. Much more so than speed or separation.

I will say this though...what Nokta is doing (as well as the rest of the overseas manufacturers) is truly awe-inspiring. All of these "small", newer companies are not only competing with the big boys, but in many cases are beating them, too! These companies don't have corporate boards to answer to, they don't waste all of their profits on dumb advertising, and they are constantly coming out with cutting-edge designs. All of which is the complete opposite business model of the American detector companies. Listening to your customers & producing innovative machines is what sells units...nothing else.
Notka/Makro is truly the first company I have seen to work with actual seasoned detectorists in giving them what they wanted. At to do it in a short period of time is awesome. As well as make improvements.............you can tell this company's  personnel has passion who  don't sit around on their butts playing with their cellphones, ipads......  all day. A product rolls out much faster than any US company. And not just some reworked previous model.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's