Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Toasty LC and Flat Button!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went out this afternoon and did the grass I was so enamored about for an hour and then decided to hit the woods! Went back to an area where I've found buttons and LC's and a Canadian half penny. Rummaged around in the thickets for most of the time and popped out a flat button. Then, about ten feet away got a real good tight signal about 5 feet from a large rotted out tree stump. At about 7 inches out comes the LC. I think it's a Matron Head although the date is not visible. I say this because of the way the hair is on the forehead and how it's draped below the neck. So I think it can't be older than 1839. It was a gorgeous day to be out detecting and I was out about 5 hours total. After working all week remodeling my buddies father-in-laws house, I barely made it back to the truck! Whoo Whee, was I tired! Also today I tried a new type of kneepad/shin guard which are made for motocross. I got so tired of pulling up my kneepads all the time I decided to try this approach. They work great! Light and comfortable to wear.

Well that's about it. Going to try again tomorrow but maybe only for 3 hours or so.

Have fun out there guys and girls and HAPPY HUNTING!

Ed
Nice digs there Ed Yes

Gotta lover diggin big pennies!
Congratulations on the large cent. That one still on my bucket list. Old button is nice too. Hope you find more, and good luck.
Great finds Ed , the largie is awesome and old buttons always excite me , even if they are few and far between for me. Good luck out there and enjoy this great weather.
I hope you get some great stuff to show us.
Pat
Congrats on a oldie Ed! Keep it up and happy hunting
Nice oldies Ed! Toasted or not, it's still a great find!
Mmmmm, Toasty!
Nice finds ?
Great score on the LC !! Those are fun to find regardless of condition!
Very nice digs, Ed. We've been blessed to have a warmer than normal Winter in the North/NE, and it looks like you're taking advantage of it.
Reference URL's