Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Pioneer 505 compared to Land Ranger
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Was curious if anyone had any experience with both of these detectors. 

I know the 505 is at least still being sold, the Land Ranger is being sold locally but not sure what the big differences are in the depth and accuracy department. Not so much concerned with LCD displays - not that it wouldn't be nice
Sorry, I don't have any experience with BH's. Hopefully, someone else might chime in. If not, google the unit, read reviews, and try to watch some YouTube videos of someone hunting with that model Wink

Joe
I had a 505 for a little while. It's a pretty good detector. I almost kept it over my Fisher F2, but then I got a good deal on a DD coil for the F2 and sold the 505. The 505 has an auto ground balance feature that works in all metal mode. I haven't used a Land Star, but it has a manual GB. That makes me think that it is a bit better than the 505. If I was gonna buy a new Bounty Hunter I would probably get the Platinum though. I've seen them selling new for $300 and I heard they are the same as the Teknetics Gamma. I have used a few different BH detectors and only had problems with one of them. They are good detectors.
Do you think a Garrett Ace 250 would be better?
I haven't used the 250. I know it doesn't have ground balance. I would choose one with ground balance. I have heard the Aces are good but not very deep. If you want to find stuff that has been in the ground for over 100 years some stuff may be pretty deep.
If you go to dankowski forum, a guy named Kevin B. Is selling his Garret at pro for $400. Better jump on it, that's a great deal, and kevin is trustworthy.
Reference URL's