Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Old farm foundation in middle of 240 acres
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thank you for the kind words and the good advice. I like the jewelry box idea I may go with that one. You said shears, I am assuming that is the knife looking things. What were they Used for? Thanks again
You mentioned that the site was once a sheep farm and I have always taken that type of hand held cutter to be a sheep shear.  It all fits. The two pieces would have been formed out of a single piece of metal bent to form a spring and then the handles would be rolled to accept the blades. Google "old sheep shears" and you will see a plu-perfect million of them. There is no telling what kind of old tools you will find on your site. You might want to consider building an electrolysis unit to get the rust off and really display some of your better finds in a pleasing way.
My wife keeps telling me and threatening to throw that "rusty crap" away, but I can't make myself do it. I'll google the shears, and an electrolysis thingy mabobber .
You have a great spot to enjoy the hobby. Awesome finds!
Thank you
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's