Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Finally got out, not a bad way to start the year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been awhile since I posted. I haven't been on the forums lately, winter usually puts me in a haze. But the weather is better and I finally got back out. Went to the old camp my friend and I went to towards the end of last year and found a bunch of coins. It still hasn't stopped producing. Got 6 silvers (1941 And 1943 Washington's, a 1948 rosie, a 1929 merc, 1913 and 1916 barbers), a silver ring, a bunch of wheats and quite a few indians (one being an 1875). Also somehow managed an 1805 or 1806 irish half penny. Only have a pic of the silver
FANTASTIC comeback Dig! 6 silvers in a day is the best and the ring tops it off perfectly! Glad to see you back and swinging! Yes

Ed
Great hunt for you DigDug. Glad to see you are taking up right where you left off last year. That site is a real winner. If I remember correctly you and your buddy were pulling fantastic numbers of silvers, many of them Barbers, out of there. I don't think you could possibly have tapped it out in just a few trips, so I'm looking forward to some more great posts from you. Good luck too with your new detector
(04-12-2017 08:02 AM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]FANTASTIC comeback Dig! 6 silvers in a day is the best and the ring tops it off perfectly! Glad to see you back and swinging! Yes

Ed

Thanks Ed! It felt great getting back out. It was a slow start that day, but then the good stuff started popping up

(04-12-2017 08:36 AM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]Great hunt for you DigDug. Glad to see you are taking up right where you left off last year. That site is a real winner. If I remember correctly you and your buddy were pulling fantastic numbers of silvers, many of them Barbers, out of there. I don't think you could possibly have tapped it out in just a few trips, so I'm looking forward to some more great posts from you. Good luck too with your new detector

Thanks Shadeseeker! You are correct that we had a couple BIG days at that site last year. There is so much to cover and the landscape has changed over the years, so I'm sure there are still pockets of good stuff to be found.
With a start like that I predict a huge year. Congrats on all the silver and the ring , it is great to see finds like these posted.
Pat
WOW Digdug. That is a fantastic day of hunting. Your year is off to a great start.
(04-12-2017 06:25 PM)Digsit Wrote: [ -> ]With a start like that I predict a huge year. Congrats on all the silver and the ring , it is great to see finds like these posted.
Pat

Thank you! I hope there is plenty more where that came from. I'm feeling it will be a good year

(04-12-2017 09:07 PM)Kajunman Wrote: [ -> ]WOW Digdug. That is a fantastic day of hunting. Your year is off to a great start.

It's definitely what I was hoping for. Just gotta get out as much as I can
Good haul!
Reference URL's