Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Vacation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Heading home from the outer banks tomorrow.. the family and I go every year. I brought my excal II and the AT pro because I can't stand to just lay on the beach. I seen people with detectors everyday. Most were just out with their son/daughter. I did tun into a guy from Pa. with an excal II also. Super nice guy. He's been down for 2 weeks and only found 2 rings. A lot of sand this year. Anyways, the totals for the week were:

$1.25 penny's
$.02 Canadian penny's
$1.10 in nickels
$3.70 dimes
$9.00 quarters
Total= $15.07 in change

$24.00 cash found on beach
$39.07 total

Thai 10 Baht coin (converts to $.29)

12k. GF brooch. (I think GF stands for gold filled)
925 Thailand ring

Can't forget these!! I quit digging bottle caps after the first hunt. Trying to clean up the beach but they was filling the pouch to fast!!
It looks like you did well. Bottle caps and bobby pins always get to be all too common in the scoop when I hunt at the beach , so I feel your pain. Have a safe trip home.
HH
Pat
Now that's a nice vacation! And the coins don't have to be tumbled for hours and hours which is great! Love the ring but that brooch looks vintage and is a real keeper!

Ed
I hope you had a very nice vacation at the beach OTH. It sure looks like you were busy with the detector--lots of objects recovered, including a ring and broach. I think timing has a lot to do with successful beach hunting; with so many hunters trying to find the loot it often comes down to who gets there first. I would love to try beach hunting some day.
I enjoy it but for me it's fill time until I can get back into the fields and woods. I found an old home site that I believe has never been detected and I can't wait to get in there after some of the vegetation dies off. I hit it about an hour last spring and found the 1866 2 cent piece. There has to be more goodies!! Until then........ back in Ohio and got my5th 925 sterling silver ring
Congratulations on your vacations hunts. Maybe next time gold. Shade is right, you have to be the one that puts their coil over it first. There is condition in the environment that could increase your chances. But lots of competition, and sometimes it just boils down to being in the right spot at the right time. Anyway, you had assortment of finds and one could have been gold. Maybe next time. Nice looking silver rings. Silver is always welcomed in my pouch. Good luck on the up coming hunts and look forward to seeing your finds. Happy
Some more water finds
The penny is a 1911 wheatie
OTH , I envy you for having enough time to take a vacation. I think you did very well with plenty of keepers to put in your display cabinet. Way to go man.
I'm back to work but I work 4-10's so every Friday (at least) is beach day. Sometimes I get a hunt in on Saturday or Sunday if my wife's ok with it. Today's finds. Not gold, but boy did my heart skip a beat!
Your doing really Great OTH! Yes I love that 1911 and the rings! The whole set of posts is an encouragement here. I wanted to go do some river swimming holes but we've been slammed by T storms. Hope you do well this season and have a great summer!

Ed
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's