Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Hello everyone!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have been reading you fellas for some time and have thoroughly enjoyed it. Hope to input when I can. Been at it here for only 3 years and am simply loving it.  I literally gave up fish fishing after 35 years and a pile of fish. I catch a lot more with this hobby, and get about as wet as well. Next step for me is going to be the G2.

Adios for now.

Delta 4000, 5" DD, 8" Concentric, 13" Ultimate
Garrett PP, Treasure Wise Trowel BeerBeer
Welcome to the forum from Pittsburgh PA. I only went fishing once this year. They say old habits are hard to break, but I guess not when they are replaced by new ones.
Welcome....and I can relate...was a hardcore fisherman since birth, now I fish maybe 3times a year.
Hey, Ohio! Nice to have some new blood on here. What do you hunt for, mainly? I'm pretty much a coinshooter. Look forward to seeing your posts & finds Happy

Joe
PittsburghWill, I fished the Susquehanna for years when I lived in PA. Thanks for the response! Now I wish I owned a detector back in those days! LOL

Thank's DeathRay!

I originally bought the detector because my cousin in NH had a nice Whites and was sending me pics of all the stuff he was finding. Mostly relics, but some interesting stuff none the less. I primarily shoot for coins. I've had pretty good luck at that but my aim was silver. So far in my MD searching, I've only found a 64 Rosie, a 44 Mercury and (believe it or not) a 1922 - 50 Sen Japanese coin about the size of a US quarter. Now silver rings is a whole other matter. So far 11. One gold 14K 5 gram ring, and one Gorham Zodiac Sterling teaspoon with hallmarks and a patent mark of 1892. Some of them are not in the photo.

Match box/Hotwheel cars, a bronze plaque of Lincoln,  and a 3# 7oz. lead ingot at 12 inches with the 13" coil recently

I've found enough clad to pay for the machine, coils, PP and batteries as I go. 

I use wheat pennies as an indicator, as most of you guys do, to know that there's silver down there somewhere. But alas, mostly wheats. No IH or V's, barbers as yet but have had a ton of "Nickel Days" (& pull tabs) at the park. So you guys know what I'm really looking for.

I don't care if it snows. As long as the ground isn't frozen solid, I'm dressed for the weather, the wet and love how the mark in the snow from the coil makes it easier to remember the PP spot. 

I prefer the 8" coil with the Delta as the 13" is a new to me and it's only had about 1 month of field work. The 10 x 5 is my real workhorse though in trashy areas especially for gold and nickels.

HH you guys. It's going up to 39 F tomorrow and I'll be out MD'ng at a new park for me.
[attachment=1029]
Not many silver coins, but you got some great finds. I just started last year so I don't have a whole lot of experience either. It's too cold and snowy out for me right now and I work all day anyway. Maybe this weekend I'll get a chance to get out.
Good weather coming for you there this weekend. I'm seasonal work here so I'm free now until March. After my first year I was bummed and trying to figure it all out, put the pieces together so to speak. I still am sort of. I just like the quiet of the parks and the occasional high pitched tone. Probably has kept me in shape, calmed down and focused. You'll get it. Persistence is the key in this hobby.
That round broken object in the photo is a crotal bell. Nice find! They're not so easy to find, so, wherever you got that has the potential for older coins Wink You're a ring killer Yes

Joe
Joe,

I had a feeling it was some kind of bell or horse bell. I've seen some of the older copper ones with the same design. There are more pieces of it down in the hole and not only was it getting real dark, but it started raining pretty good before I had a chance to search further. From what I remember it was over 12" down. I know the general location but haven't gone back. I swept it before I left so I'd remember the signals but I had a 1/2 mile run back to the truck. I will go back. Thanks very much for the reference. I'll do some research.

HH
Welcome!!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's