Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Nokta impact
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I bought a used one a couple weeks ago and have been trying to figure out all the setting and get used to its bells and whistles. Read the manual and played around with it and was SO ready to sell it!! I decided today to go to the pre civil was house to look for the gold necklace with the Impact on settings that's supposed to be good for gold first, then sell it!. I went over the same part of the yard where I got the 1905 barber quarter, 1941 mercury and a silver Rosie plus a bunch of wheaties, V-nickels and other change with the AT Pro twice. (Stock coil and Nel snake coil) my first good signal was a 95 on the scale but week sound. Dug a deep merc. 1944. Swung past the hole to check the hole and got an 87-92, about 12" from the merc. Down deep again I get a silver 1891 Canadian 5 cent coin! Later I got a real faint signal and one that was hard to locate and get repeatable. (84-87) come to find out it was an 1898 barber quarter that was deep and on edge. I did scrape it with my digger. Ended up with the 3 silvers, 6 wheaties and an1858 Indian.

Nokta is not for sale now!! AT Pro will be so I can get the new AT Max!!
Very nice, looks like that machine is makeing an impact on the detecting world. The first indian is 1859. Congrats!
Congrats on sticking it out OTH!! I didn't even know Canada had a nickle that small!! Great hunt! Looks like you found a new machine to use! It's usually a bummer when you first get them and do the look see thing. But you did very well! Keep it up! Yes Beer

Ed
Great results with the new machine!  I've enjoyed reading the posts about it here lately, and I'd love to see one in action. Eager to see what you find when you get really smooth with it.
Really nice finds............................

As for the Canadian silver 5 cent piece, size of a US silver half dime. Up here the silver 5 cent is known as a Fishscale.
Lots of people find them, I have never found one, my wife did. Maybe with the Impact it will be my turn.

[attachment=9960]
(08-19-2017 07:46 AM)Sven TreasureLinx Wrote: [ -> ]Really nice finds............................

As for the Canadian silver 5 cent piece, size of a US silver half dime. Up here the silver 5 cent is known as a Fishscale.
Lots of people find them, I have never found one, my wife did. Maybe with the Impact it will be my turn.

I was thinking I had a half dime!! Wasn't disappointed, I'm assuming there are more half dimes in the ground around here than Canadian 5 cent pieces!! Fishscales!! That's about the size of it!!
It takes time to learn the Nokta Impact and all it's secrets/quirks/nuances etc. and to get good with it.
It's not a turn on & go AT Pro or the like that you can use 2 or 3xs and have it down pat.

Give it time and learn the programs, pick the proper one for the site you're hunting, tweak as needed
per site/conditions and it'll make finds a dozen other machines left in the ground.

Many of them deep too!

Cool finds BTW Yes
Congrats on the fishscale , even being within a hundred miles of Canada I have not had the pleasure to find one. Also congrats on the hot new machine.
Pat
(08-18-2017 07:42 PM)leo aranza Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice, looks like that machine is makeing an impact on the detecting world. The first indian is 1859. Congrats!

Must be rare then?
Must be 1868 or something then. It's hard to see!
OTH it looks like you and the Impact will be good friends. Very nice finds.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's