Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #65 Wheats and Another Spoon!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went back to the same area and spread out the pattern. Was out for about 3 hours. Didn't even turn on the detector until I was sure I hadn't been in that particular area. 20 minutes into swinging I get this sloppy 79 thru 89 but a real good high tone. Dig it up and find a 44 Merc and a wheat in the same hole about 3" deep. Sweep around that spot and find 4 more wheats and a silver plated spoon all within a foot of the Merc. Then for the next 2.5 hours absolutely nothing, but I'm still happy.

This beats my YTD totals for 2014 by 1 and my 2016 YTD totals by 4. So I'm having a good year. Anything above this is gravy as far as I'm concerned. I can try and beat 2015 YTD totals of 107 but unless I hit a silver mine somewhere I can't see it happening!

Going to be pretty cold and windy tomorrow and T Day is Thursday so I'm chilling until at least Friday unless the old woman demands I go detecting!

Happy Thanksgiving you guys and have fun out there and HAPPY HUNTING!

Ed
Keep those silvers and wheats coming Ed. Nice to see your yearly tally edging up, and I hope the weather holds long enough for you to add a lot more to the total. You deserve a break, so sit back and enjoy a great Thanksgiving. Best wishes to you and the Missus.
Congrats on a great season , I hope you get the opportunity to add several more to your tallies. Lately I would just about have to be spoon fed silver coins to get even half of your production. Mercs are great coins , I always love seeing them posted.
HH
Pat
Reference URL's