Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: What is this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is this?? Total length is 4 1/4 inches. Total width is 1 1/2 inches. Slight bend where shaft meets head. Small hole at end of shaft.Thanks
[attachment=10178][attachment=10179][attachment=10180]
You have stumped me Maryej. I have looked on some antique tool sites but didn't really see a good match. The circular end makes it look like it could be some type of latch release, say for a gate locking mechanism, where a finger could be inserted to pull the latch, or maybe some type of rope guide, or even an awl for heavy duty use, such as canvas or sail repair. The odd angle, if it is intended to be that way seems to make these unlikely though. Anyway, I am just having fun guessing. Hope you get an answer soon. All it takes is for the right person to come along. Interesting find.
Thank you Shadeseeker... You have some very good guesses... I found out what it is... It is a Model T hood clip... it is missing it's spring... Thanks for your thoughts... Happy Hunting!!Happy
Great job in identifying that part. I had not seen this post , being a big fan of old Fords I could have helped. I hope you get some more great finds. This one is an awesome find in my eyes , beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
HH
Pat
We went back to our 1845 house permission again yesterday.. 4 or 5 inches down was a leaf spring... tiny... 4 1/4 inches long (following the curve) by 1 1/4 inches wide by 1/8 inch thick...
I have no idea what it fits and can't find anything that small... can you help me identify this one too...Please...
Sorry I didn't get it cleaned up yet...Blushing
[attachment=10189][attachment=10190]
Reference URL's