Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Thought it was Silver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got to spend a few days in a new field by my favorite relic spot about a month ago when we had some nice weather
Found a lot of the same stuff, lead balls, Silver babbles , tinklers, and copper pieces
Got a strong sounding “good’ signal and dug this cross out.
When I uncovered it my first thought was a nice silver cross
I put it in a small container and packed it with dirt till I got home and washed it off and realized it’s lead.
Still a nice piece dated in the 1700s .
Just recovering from ankle surgery and hope to get back out as soon as it warms up.
Between my ankle and my hip I didn’t think I was going to get back to the truck the last time out with the CTX but this piece made it worth it.
And I get the hip replaced in May if not before, it’s not fun getting old , but I’ll keep plugging away
BT[attachment=10208][attachment=10209]
That is a very interesting and wonderful piece of history! Glad you could get out! Wishing you the best of luck next time and also with the hip surgery. We are snowed in up here in Ohio and it's a whopping 3 F out right now. I'm glad to see someone posting something to help me with my fix!

GL & HH Ben!

Ed
That is a great find! Finding out it is lead may have been a little disappointing , but a great piece of history like that is cool.
Good luck with the surgery .
HH
Pat
Ps Thanks for the post I am in the same boat as Ed , Cold with frozen ground and snow.
really Nice cross
Great old find Ben, lots of history buried at your favorite spot. Interesting coincidence that on the latest episode of "oak Island" Gary Drayton also found a very old lead cross with his CTX. Best of luck on the upcoming hip surgery and hoping you'll be able to detect without pain in the future.
Reference URL's