Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: All Dressed Up & NO PLACE TO GO!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got the cover for the Minelab Explorer Pro and couldn't be happier. In the description on Ebay (detectorcovers72 in the Ukraine!) it never mentions the fact that the nylon denier is plastic coated on the inside! Which means that it's not just nylon denier which can leak through and the plastic adds an extra barrier of protection from rainwater. I wouldn't take it snorkeling but I am pretty confident that it will be excellent protection from any sudden storms that come around. It seems pretty well made and fit the machine like a glove! Also got some new headphones, Sunray Pro Gold with limiter & cut off switch and dual click stop volume controls. One note on these is they are in the price range of Grey Ghost but the muffs are leather!

NOW ALL I NEED IS FOR THE SNOW TO MELT AND THE GROUND TO THAW! Chuckle

Been messing around with the LEDs for that display and waiting for a few parts to arrive. So it's still a work in progress! Hope all of you guys get a chance to go out and detect. I am literally climbing the walls over here!

Ed
You've acquired a couple of nice off season goodies Ed. The detector cover looks like it's both eye catching and functional. Hope they both work as you expect. Looking forward to the LED frame completion.
real nice, I hear you about the cold and frozen ground , same thing in my neck of the woods
Hey Dirt Fisher, please give a review of the new headphones.
I’m still searching for a good set of headphones for my CTX and the Sunrays are on the watch list.
I’ll be watching
BT
(02-07-2018 08:12 PM)Ben Town Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Dirt Fisher, please give a review of the new headphones.
I’m still searching for a good set of headphones for my CTX and the Sunrays are on the watch list.
I’ll be watching
BT

Ben,

I took them out yesterday on a sunlit snow covered day in a large section of woods I've found a number of silvers in. I'd have to say they are very good but I didn't find anything of any portent to display. (A Memorial, junk jewelry pendant, 2 shotgun head stamps, 4 bottle caps a few pull tabs and a disgustingly large amount of cans.) I was just trying to get out of the house and play with the Explorer.

They are exceptionally clear in the response and distinct clarity of tone, even with the individual volume knobs set at about the sixth click up from zero. Much more clear than the Koss originally supplied with the Explorer Pro, and I couldn't imagine having them set at the full volume. The cut off switch works to negate the volume to zero if you need to talk to somebody but the limit switch, which is supposed to cut out overload does not work with the Explorer as far as I know. I really haven't played with it in that respect much so I could be wrong. My motus operandi was to swing the afternoon away and try and remember all the aspects of the Explorer. I haven't done any research as to the effects or interplay it may have with the CTX.

Although I was wearing a heavy knit cap with a hoody over that, I did not feel any discomfort from the tension of the headband like I did when I first used, and still experience, from the Garrett headphones. No head squeeze whatsoever. And honestly, I'm really sensitive to that. I have to take the Garrett's off and have a smoke or something
to alleviate it. It gives me headaches of the bone or skull kind which are very annoying but go away in 20 minutes or so.

The unit overall is very well made with heavy duty flexible rubber wire which I had no issues with in 24 F weather. And the cord goes to both muffs, not like the cheap thin
cords on the Koss original. The cord is also long enough to accommodate my small structure of 5'5" and overall they are pretty light and very comfortable. This one is the upgraded version from their original and pay close attention to that. I got this set from metaldetect-swmo on Ebay and it arrived in 4 days. Smooth transaction on Pay Pal.

Hope this helped and I'll update as the weather gets better.

Ed

The heart was a thumping but it's just a painted piece of cast brass!
They sounds encouraging , maybe someone with CTX experience can share.
I can talk with the manufacturer also
Thanks
BT

I just had a look at Sunday Golds and they do have a pair that’s comparable with the CTX
I see a pair in my near future
BT
Ed, you did a good job with that stuff. Although I am not a fan of Camo, it will probably hold up better than not having a cover on it.

That is something that I should do as well but have never taken the time to do. Not lazy it just doesn't come into mind. I am just happy to be out swinging and you are right

we all need to take better care of our stuff so it lasts and performs as we need it too.Happy
Reference URL's