Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Tamper?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just don’t know what it is. I think the flat end might be to big for a pipe tamper
Crazy for sure. Must be turn of century thingy.....
Maybe it held on a rear view mirrorCool
Always fun to try to puzzle out the purpose of some of the things we find. My first impression is that it is a lamp finial. Is it all one piece or can the shaft be unscrewed from the flat base; is that circle on the base a plugged threaded hole? I'll be waiting to see what others think.
(02-27-2018 11:18 PM)Bigtony Wrote: [ -> ]Crazy for sure. Must be turn of century thingy.....
Maybe it held on a rear view mirrorCool

I can see that! It would be a small one! That ball on the ent is about the size of a bb.

(02-28-2018 12:10 AM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]Always fun to try to puzzle out the purpose of some of the things we find. My first impression is that it is a lamp finial. Is it all one piece or can the shaft be unscrewed from the flat base; is that circle on the base a plugged threaded hole? I'll be waiting to see what others think.

It is all one piece. That’s a wheatie beside it.
Hi Turkey Hunter. If we are allowed more than one guess I'd like to suggest that it might be a pawn or bishop in an antique chess set, or some other type of game piece (like a monopoly token). Do a google search on "antique chess pieces" and you can see the similarity. I'm out of ideas after this one!
(03-01-2018 11:55 PM)shadeseeker Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Turkey Hunter. If we are allowed more than one guess I'd like to suggest that it might be a pawn or bishop in an antique chess set, or some other type of game piece (like a monopoly token). Do a google search on "antique chess pieces" and you can see the similarity. I'm out of ideas after this one!

That is why I like posting here. There are always suggestions that I have not thought of.

It has been in lemon juice for the last two days. I’m working on cleaning it up
I’ve started the cleaning process.
Reference URL's