Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Hello from Central IL...for now
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am new to the hobby and just placed an order for a Fisher F22 but the order was cancelled because they were out of stock Sad but I did get my Whites Bullseye II in the mail today! Waiting for the Fisher to be back in stock, the snow to stop so that I can learn this hobby.

the "for now"...moving OUT of Illinois...maybe TN, KY, GA

Jamison
Glad to hear from you JKHolt. Well while you are snowed in and your new machine is on order you can start looking at instructional videos.

I don't look at videos about folks hunting because we all do that - the ones I watch are the how too's.

So search around and get a feel for that new machine now so you will have an easier time when it arrives.

I have used a Fisher CZ 7 but that was many years back. So I wouldn't know about the F22.

I do know about coin hunting and if you need some information just post away in the Lounge area. Many folks here will be happy to assist and answer your questions.

Tony
Welcome to the forum and the best of luck with the new machine for a novice. It takes time and understanding of the machines to further yourself in the hobby and please don't get discouraged because the finds are out there. I was a newbie once myself and with time spent and learning the detector I became a fairly good detectorist. I'm not the greatest but some of these guys on this forum are solid and experienced ones. If you have any questions or concerns just fire away as a lot of us can pay it forward.

Welcome aboard!Yes

Ed/Ohio Dirt Fisher
Thank you for the warm welcome. I have wanted a metal detector for years and finally decided to just buy one.
Welcome from SE Michigan . Bigtony gave you some wonderful advice , and don't let Ohio Dirt Fisher give you a snow job , he is a very good detectorist , just look up his finds posts on here. If I post questions those are 2 of the people I hope to see responses from.
I hope you get a detector soon and start learning it , this is an awesome hobby.
A word of advice from a little less skilled detectorist than the previous responses is to practice digging plugs and developing the skill to leave it looking like you weren't even there. If you can do that people are much more likely to allow you to detect their property and even willing to offer up suggestions of other great detecting spots.
I am excited for you to start in this hobby , I hope you get as much enjoyment from it as I do.
HH
Pat
I would like to welcome you also as it's always nice to see new members here. I know you are eager to get started, and I hope your detector gets to you quickly. Good advice offered so far and if I may, I would like to suggest you search Thomas Dankowski and his advice for Fisher owners (you'll be amazed at the volume of work). He is considered the expert on Fisher products. In the meantime if you have questions, just start asking; one of our own experts will gladly offer to help. There is a wealth of expertise here just waiting to be tapped.
Reference URL's