Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Another small Roman/Byzantine stash!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Someday's I wish I were an archaeologist!

Enjoy!

Ed

https://www.livescience.com/62192-ancien...stery.html
I enjoy anything dealing with archaeology, especially the "wow" stuff. Thanks for posting that one up for us. Archaeological work is fun when you find something like that cache, but for every super find there are hours of tedious repetitive labor. Take it from one who has spent too much time in a cramped little square taking soil down 3 or 4 feet one trowel scrape at a time with nothing but a little pottery to show for it.
Thanks for sharing this with us . It sure would be fun to detect somewhere where you could dig something this old. Oh well I guess I'll just have to stick to 19 th and 20 century coins.Tongue:
Pat
That’s a cool article! I too love archeological stuff. As a matter of fact, the archeologists I took the Indian axe to is conducting a dig this summer in Marietta and they have days where kids can help and days where adults can help. I’ve alread got it on my calendar!!
Cool stuff for sure!

I have always wanted and dreamed of finding a cashe of coins. I simply love these stories.

Tony
Reference URL's